• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,772
Status
Not open for further replies.

govinda123

ISP
airtel
I got a new reliance wireline broadband and i am thinking of getting Wifi Router. I have Chosen Netgear Wgr614. The problem is that Reliance has not provide any modem to me. Only lan cable is provided, Which is directly connecting into my computer. I want to know whether i will be able to configure netgear router since no modem is provided by reliance. I have read somewhere that "to setup wifi router we have to copy the DNS of the original modem provided by reliance. Since modem is not provided whether i will be able to configure wgr614. Please help......

Someone plz. reply whether wgr614 will work with reliance broadband or not. since modem is not provided by reliance.Thanks

I got a new reliance wireline broadband and i am thinking of getting Wifi Router. I have Chosen Netgear Wgr614. The problem is that Reliance has not provide any modem to me. Only lan cable is provided, Which is directly connecting into my computer. I want to know whether i will be able to configure netgear router since no modem is provided by reliance. I have read somewhere that "to setup wifi router we have to copy the DNS of the original modem provided by reliance. Since modem is not provided whether i will be able to configure wgr614. Please help......
just buy any basic wifi router and it will work :) no worry
wan port RJ-45 ) ur lan connection will be plug in to wifi and u can use it ....
1st connect with cable modem and computer and u run setup disk from box ...
all will be done

Dude, Last month i got a Reliance Broadband connection to my home - ie direct LAN cable to my home without any ADSL Modem exactly like you. I suggest you to go for Belkin N300 ( SURF) or any Belkin Router. It works without any hassle. Firstly I bought TP-Link Router which had frequent disconnection issues. Mark my words Right Belkin works like a charm for Reliance Broadband. or If some one suggests a better Router go with that.

Thanks for the reply....

If you purchase a different Router kindly let me know. So that we can have other options for others.

Netgear Wgr614 will be good for u too ... works great , using from last 2 years with reliance

I am also thinking of getting Netgear Wgr614. How is this router's range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back