Help - Reliance Netconnect+ speed capped to 1mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 12,998
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC won't help you. Go to local rcom store and ask. If evdo is there, then use the link in my previous post to check site level coverage.

I am not an netconnect+ user but just wanted to chime in my experience with Reliance CDMA prepaid plan 949 on a unlocked Huawei modem.

My location (Rangapuram, Vellore, Tamilnadu) has got no alternative to BSNL in terms of wired broadband connection so I was left with mobile internet options. I was looking for somewhat speedy net connection that didn't cost me a lot and had sufficient download limit. That's when the guidance of @x720 helped me choose Reliance CDMA prepaid plan of Rs 949 along with unlocked Huawei EC306 dongle for FUP less data plan. BTW, my house is located less than 2 miles from the lone Reliance tower (with only EVDO-A provision) and MTS tower.

I have been using this connection for over a month now, I get 3 to 4 bars of network signal across my house. Speeds are very consistent (anywhere between 1.5 mbps to 2 mbps) at most of the times with occasional speed bursts of 2.5 mbps for an hour or two a day. I haven't experienced any speed throttling or capping yet.

Cheers!

(Apologies to OP for being OT with my post, just wanted to share my experience of non-throttled speed hence posted here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back