[HELP] Shipping from USA to India via FEDEX

• Thread starter Thread starter QubeSys
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 14,269

QubeSys

ISP
BSNL EVDO
My friend has bought a NatGeo Bag for me,which did cost him 80$ and he want to send it to me , Assam,India..
He wants to use Fedex for it ,but I dont have Fedex here in Assam.
The nearest Fedex is Kolkata..

I have few questions; :rolleyes:

1. He will be charged 80$ for shipping. Whats the Custom Duties ? Are they extra? Who needs to pay that ? He or I ?

2. It says,they will deliver it in 10 days ,but since I dont have Fedex in my state,so will they get it to Kolkata and send it to me via some 3rd party service like BlueDart or DTDC ??

3. Will I get the product directly or I have to pay some additional shit ??

1> Use USPS- its as safe, easier...and way cheaper. I use FedEx and USPS. No customs duties for a bag. 2> Any foreign parcel comes through the foreign post office located in major cities. LEtters and docs are exceptions. If its via USPS, the parcel is directly handled by India Post once it reached India, and will reach any part of India. 3> Customs duties are your responsibility. Not sure about who will take your 'shit' anyway, even if you pay for it.:rofl:Dump FedEx, should cost you hardly $15-20

What do you mean by this bro ?
3> Customs duties are your responsibility. Not sure about who will take your 'shit' anyway, even if you pay for it.

And what will be the shipping cost for USPS from US to India ?
Its just 1.4 lbs weight ..

You were taling about additional shit..!! THought of pulling ur leg bro...relax.:@

I remember paying $15 for a 500gms, 10inch by 10inch box.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

*talking*

:thumbsup: ha ha ha ha ha , good ...Ok,I will have around .6 kg,so almost same...Lets see...

I have used VPost Asia with great success. I had purchases 2 digital photo frames from US and used VPost Asia to send it to Karnataka. I paid around $100 as shipping charges and a little more for customs as the box with the two 11 inch digital frames was a whopping 16lbs.It reached me in around 14 days, might have been sooner if not for the idiotic Customs people who take their sweet time to process what they have seized.

$100 shipping is still very high. Has anyone tried eBay.in's recent Global Buy option or the website 20north.com ? They offer very low shipping rates

Back