Help : Tryins To Buy New Laptop...(or Comp)

• Thread starter Thread starter Superman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 8,760
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Mar 19 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]83906[/snapback]
that's why i suggest going for a desktop. get a cheaper card right now and upgrade to one that supports dx 10 when they become affordable.

with laptops you would be stuck with the configuration u buy coz upgrading them is not economical or possible in most cases.[/b]

could u please give me the configurations for a comp at 40k.......
along with the price tag......

and a monitor 17" price of i exchanged it with my 15" samsung 4yr old monitor........

Saw the Dell e520 quite a good deal for Rs.35000 :D

For Rs 40,000u can get top of the notch desktop17" LCDcore2 duo1 GB RAMDVD writer160GB SATAa decent graphics cardThough this may go to a round 45000

QUOTE(Superman @ Mar 18 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]83754[/snapback]
Also i would prefer if its a Dell or a Acer[/b]
Why do you prefer these two brands only ?

Personally after my exp with a thinkpad, i would not think of buying anything else but. Oh..and i don't play games at all.

A laptop in India is a good idea for the simple reason of ever increasing amt of power cuts here.

thinkpad. where is the window key?

Keyboard customiser utility, you get to pick which it will be :)Tho i've since started using the mouse, only thing i need it for is to bring up win explorer. Once explorer is up, its just an Alt+Tab away.

thinkpad i agree are solidly built but they need to have a real Window Key. A mapped key is not going to help me out. personally i think toshiba makes the best quality laptops. Sony makes the best compact ones. Acer makes the best value for money products. Lenovo just has a right mixture of everything...

I don't care about style etc, a thinkpad is just right not too ugly or too pretty, road warrior standard. I'm talking about the thinkpads b4 lenovo picked them up, can't see why that should make any diff.bI've been running mine 4yrs and counting 365x24x7 straight. i might need to change the HD one of these days.

Back