Help with connection issues

• Thread starter Thread starter vdhawan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,866

vdhawan

ISP
Airtel
I need some help on diagnosing some connection issues - I am unable to maintain streaming internet audio/VOIP connections for longer than 20-25 minutes. Even on my playstation i'm logged off the playstation network every 20 minutes. I am sure that this is not my wireless network, streaming video/audio to my playstation from the PC works flawlessly as well as things like remote desktop to my PC and using network shares. I need some help in diagnosing the problem, i'm unsure where to start with this. I don't run any torrent/download programs but i am usually connected to VPN(Checkpoint/Cisco) from my laptop when I'm working.I have an airtel 1Mbps unlimited plan with a beetel 220BXI modem

post ipconfig /all dataHow you access VPN network with Beetel 220BX1 ?which is the wifi router used with above adsl modem ?

I'm using a D-Link DIR-655 router. The router acts as a DHCP server (i couldn't figure out static IP's for my computers through the beetel). so the beetel assignes the DLINK an IP of 192.168.1.2 then my network IP's all start with 192.168.0.xxx.

I haven't done anything special to get VPN working, it's just always worked. I should mention that my issues don't occur only when i'm on VPN and they also happen though my PS3.

Below are 3 screenshots of the configuration from my PC (VPN installed but not connected) and my laptop (VPN connected). Apologies for uploading to twitpic ... it was easiest!

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Ok, i will try this (not sure how to on my router but i'll find something)

How will this change help? I've already tried switching wireless channels and such, hasn't worked and i think it's getting worse, today i couldn't stay on skype for more than 5 minutes at a time - i work with people in the US so i use skype to dial into the toll-free numbers for free and this is a major inconvenience, any help anyone can provide would be appreciated

enter openDNS 208.67.220.220 and 208.67 222.222.
in modem as well as computer.
IN TCP IP select Obtain IP address automatically.

I've made these changes as well as set my MTU to 1492. It was at 1500 on my laptop and on the wireless router, but the Beetel router had 1492. Could this have caused any problems?

I will test the connection with the new settings and let you know if it helped, thanks for the suggestions

Ok, the problem seems to be happening again. It's exactly the same symptoms, can't maintain any VOIP call through skype for more than 10 minutes. Could this be airtel blocking the connections?? If so, how can i know?

Back