MTNL Mumbai Here's how you can disable ads injection on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 12,890

d5aqoëp

I got banned!
You have to write a short email to [email protected] (dm is division manager of broadband)

Mention your name, telephone number, CA number, address and broadband plan.

Subject of email must be: Please Activate DND on 24XXXXXX
Enter your correct telephone number in the above place.

You can do a little bla bla in the email and moan how ads have negatively affected your life. How your loved ones have drifted apart and other stuff.

The guy works from 11 am to 5 pm weekdays. Hopefully depending on his mood, DND will be activated.
You may or may not get a confirmation depending on the dude who replies. Disable any IP or ad blocking and test it yourself.

No ads here since last 2 days.

Subshub can sticky this.

Last edited:
if possible write a mail to trai too. talk about how this is a case of cyber crime as mtnl/bsnl are hacking websites and injecting ad-code in them.

They are not really hacking websites!! :D (But yes probably thats eye-catchy word for babus!)

MTNL and BSNL are basically operating as black hat hackers charging money to insert code in Web content delivered to users. Snapdeal can literally pay them to inject their ads on Flipkart and they would essentially do just that!

Is this method applicable for Delhi users also?

worked ^^^
i got reply from them and ty god bye bye ads
and now i feel i wasted money on VPN i too bought PIA 2 yrs account like 1 month ago :(

With reference to your communication dated xx-02-2016, it is hereby conveyed that MTNL respects the online privacy of all its Broadband Subscribers and hereby confirms that no user personal data is collected or stored by MTNL. We have put your broadband number in DND and now onward you may not receive further pop-up ads / information messages from MTNL. The in-browser pop-up ads are harmless and limited to a very few times per day per customer. MTNL also utilizes these pop-up ads to communicate important information like providing alert when subscriber reaches 80% of his entitled BB usage, new plans and schemes, etc. If a subscriber does not want to receive these pop-up ads / information messages, he can communicate so to MTNL. On receiving such communication, MTNL adds the subscriber BB Tel No. to the Do not Disturb [DND] database, after which the subscriber will not receive any further pop-up ads / information messages from MTNL please.

Last edited:

Back