Hi getting less speed on 749 NU

• Thread starter Thread starter ra_bunty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,404
Hey ppl..lately I have noticed that in Mumbai ppl are getting full bandwidth of 2MBps without any attenuation. I mean mumbai ppl are getting around 2100Kbps in their speed tests..whereas here in Delhi its still around 1750.

When were u ppl upgraded and had zero attenuation?? Is zero attenuation ever possible?

MotoRazr is getting 2100.... and he lives in Delhi.... check his sig above....so your assumption is wrong

And i stay in mumbai and i get ~1800....

Also whats the big deal dude....it hardly comes to 40 - 45 kBps less..... when you are going at ~210 kBps....

40-50 KBps makes a great difference dude. If you are paying for 2MBps then why would you like a line which is attenuated to 80% of the real bandwidth? Maybe these ppl are located very near to the MTNL distributing routers. :P. lucky guys. :)

40-50 KBps makes a great difference dude. If you are paying for 2MBps then why would you like a line which is attenuated to 80% of the real bandwidth?:)

I guess most of the people wont agree with that......considering the fact that you have to consider overheads, packet loss due to congestion .....so eventually your final d/l speed will be less than 2Mbps....

Also 1.8 * 100 / 2 = 90%... :) ..:).... and that is without considering overheads

And ya i got it wrong its not 40 - 50 kBps but ~25kBps.....my maths has become a bit rusty.....:whistle::whistle:

I guess most of the people wont agree with that......considering the fact that you have to consider overheads, packet loss due to congestion .....so eventually your final d/l speed will be less than 2Mbps....

Also 1.8 * 100 / 2 = 90%... :) ..:).... and that is without considering overheads

And ya i got it wrong its not 40 - 50 kBps but ~25kBps.....my maths has become a bit rusty.....:whistle::whistle:

yup but I sometimes get around 1650-1670 in daylight :'(...which is almost 80% of 2048.
I guess MTNL must put more reapeaters in the way from my home to their recieving/tansmission channel ...haha.

Well frankly speaking when i saw MotoRazr's speed test i myself went and tried out the tests 3 - 4 times just to see wether i hit the 2k mark.... but i ended up where my sig is right now :):)

spikes.... i know.... but it is good to show off.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:....as in your case....

@kingpinEven i tried 4 times or 5 times...only once i got more than 2.1m and most of the times its somewhere around 1.85, i think it has something to do with speedtest since the download speed is not more than 220KBps.

Back