• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 67,895

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
OK, a very simple question, just as stated in the subject, only thing is I have been finding it hard to get an answer. Here are my requirements:1) Phone must NOT have a camera - camera phones not allowed at work.2) The more the features the better, not really particular about bluetooth, but good interface and support for music preferable.3) Nokia - can't compromise much on this front, except may be for Blackberry4) Budget at most 15 K.Please please help me out, if someone is aware of such a phone. I definitely want more features, but not the camera which seems to have become ubiquitous in phones today.

you are going to find it extremely hard to buy an expensive mobile phone without a camera these days.

even dirt cheap phones are now shipped with crappy vga cameras inside them driving the cost of the phone itself up by at least a couple of hundred rupees. :(

----------

Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

here is a list of Nokia phones that ship without a camera... :D

you would have to go for basic models with limited functionality if you seriously do not want the phone to have a camera.

essentially, you can carry around two mobiles. a cheap one costing 1000-1500 bucks for office work and a good model costing 12-13000 for regular use :D

----------

ooh Nokia E60 - Full phone specifications seems to lack a camera

----------

Nokia E51 camera-free - Full phone specifications would be hard to get this phone in india.

----------

Nokia E61 - Full phone specifications is another option.

^ Interesting picks. Thanks! I will have to now check if either the E60 or E51 is available in India. Here stores stock what is in demand, and phones without a camera seem to be passe.

I mailed Nokia India asking them the same information - high end without camera, and this is the response I got:

Please note Nokia phones currently do not support the features mentioned in your e-mail since all phones support camera feature. However kindly be assured that your feedback is valued and we endeavour to address any suggestion that may be raised by our customers. We have forwarded your suggestion to our Customer Feedback Division for their due consideration. Any update in this regard will be posted on our web site.

Which means, even if I buy one of those phones being sold online, I wouldn't be able to go back to Nokia in case of an issue :(

All the Nokia non camera business phones have been discontinued long ago , Only the E51 (Camera One) , E63 , E71 , E75 and E90 are available , all with cameras

Back