High loaded latency (Buffer bloat) on TP-Link AX10 (AX1500)

ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
ACT Fibernet
I recently got a gigabit connection from ACT and they provided this router. However, I'm noticing very high loaded latency on almost every speed test both through wired and WiFi (worse on WiFi, of course). And yes I ensured that no other device was connected to the router while performing this test.

I have concluded that this is due to the router alone and not the actual connection by bypassing the router and connecting the CX ONT to my Windows PC through the gigabit port and connecting to the internet with the PPPoE credentials. And boom, there is very little difference between the ping and the loaded latency. I confirmed this by doing a Buffer bloat test on waveform.com for both through the router as well as direct PC and got an A grade for direct PC connection and a D & F grade for router wired and WiFi connections respectively.

Now, I also have an Airtel Fiber connection with which I got a Nokia g2425g-a router and I'm on the 200mbps plan. I'm not sure how this particular router is so superior but the difference between the ping and loaded latency is almost negligible and I get an A or A+ grade even on WiFi with download/upload of up to 240mbps.

The upload is much worse than the download on the AX10 and I have tried limiting the upstream bandwidth through QoS and yet the issue persists (there is no option to limit downstream bandwidth). So I'm looking for ways to improve this without having to go out and buy a new router. I don't need the best possible performance but just need it to come somewhat close to my direct PC connection stats.

Buffer bloat ACT - Direct PC

Buffer bloat ACT - AX10 WiFi

Buffer bloat Airtel - Nokia WiFi (I have also got an A+ on WiFi in sometimes)

As usual, ACT support is clueless about this. So I really appreciate any tips or suggestions to improve this.

@RKhan21 But the thing is even a wired connection from the router is giving me a D grade on the test. I didn't take a screenshot of that earlier, let me do that and add that as well. I think you might have mistaken my direct PC screenshot for a wired connection from the router.

Also, which router do you use?

For some strange reason, I'm unable to do the buffer bloat test on waveform now. It just gets stuck at the warming-up stage of Download. So I just did a couple of tests on fast.com with a wired ethernet connection from the router and a wired ethernet connection from the ONT directly(PPPoE connection on Windows).

Iam77FN.png

This is an ONT->Router->PC wired connection.

LgsAbS0.png

This is an ONT->PC wired connection. Loaded latency is for the upload in both cases.

And yes I did notice the difference in the client but I'm guessing that's due to the dynamic IP assigned every time the PPPoE login is done and shouldn't make a big difference.

So yeah something is wrong with the router then.

Back