High Pings to singapore

• Thread starter Thread starter hunkdivine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9,229

hunkdivine

ISP
BSNL
so of late there has been a weird problem with bsnl....pings to singapore are in the range of 550-600 when actually they should be 100-120....this problem has been affecting me for the past month, more unusual is that sometimes the problem fixes itself automatically for 1-2 days and then its back....i did a tracert to a singapore server and this is the resultMicrosoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200](c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Tracing route to 103.28.54.59 over a maximum of 30 hops 1

I am facing the same problem...Dota 2 isnt it :PAnyone here pls suggest how can we proceed with fixing this issue...

so of late there has been a weird problem with bsnl....pings to singapore are in the range of 550-600 when actually they should be 100-120....this problem has been affecting me for the past month, more unusual is that sometimes the problem fixes itself automatically for 1-2 days and then its back....i did a tracert to a singapore server and this is the result

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Tracing route to 103.28.54.59 over a maximum of 30 hops

when i did a trace...this is what i get...Tracing route to gw.sgp.valve.net [103.28.54.1]over a maximum of 30 hops: 1

You can't. There is a problem from BSNL.

I must say Wireless internet is a lot better than BSNL landline broadband.

If you want less ping for your application, try Ultra DNS or Google DNS but there may be less chance for your problem solution.

Routing through VPN will work too perfect but BSNL should have less ping to that particular VPN location through which singpore IP will be routed.

I used open dns but that did nothing....regarding vpn can u suggest any, I have tried hotspot shiels but that reduces net speed considerably....I already paid for 12 months in bsnl so cant think abt anything else....thanks for the reply

I used open dns but that did nothing....regarding VPN can u suggest any, I have tried hotspot shiels but that reduces net speed considerably....I already paid for 12 months in bsnl so cant think abt anything else....thanks for the reply

Hotspotshield will definitely reduce ping time but it will offer you high ping to US server to which you will be connected when it is active. It means your request will got to Singapore IP though US location. Don't you think it is too long?

However, hotspotshield is free VPN. It won't give you stability ever as I experienced. I haven't experienced its premium service.

What's your application?

You can afford this, Best VPN For India | Top 10 VPN Providers for India if you have enterprise application.
I would prefer HMA as they have one server with 63 IPs in India.- https://goo.gl/NwqkJ

Free service will not give you best performance.

The pings always used to be crap like this...Question is this , how can we rectify them permanently and whom to approach.Every time I raise a problem request with BSNL regarding all this internet problems (latency routing etc), this is what happens:They would call my landline and ask "Is the Phone working" if we say yes its working then they would cut the call without even listening anymore further and close the ticket.Couple of times I have jumped straight into the problem before they could hang the call...All they would say is , "I will ask the concerned to look into this and the problem should be resolved".But the problem persists forever...

Back