How did Netflix charged me from my DEBIT card without OTP verification?

• Thread starter Thread starter riju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 12,892
ISP
Railwire, BSNL
I didn't wanted to continue my Netflix membership this month. I thought the membership would cancel itself if I dont verify it. Doesn't all debit cards require otp verification for payments? How do I stop it from doing this next month? Should I pause it? would it charge again?

why not cancel the membership?

both credit cards and debit cards now support auto debit now i believe. even upi support auto debit with the recent launch of second generation platform. Amazon pay can be configured to auto add funds to your account through credit cards. not sure if it works with debit cards though. i think the top limit is Rs. 10,000 as that's what AWS indicates.

in recurring payments you do not require to provide OTP.
Its like Bank's NACH, where EMI gets auto debit from account.
Better Cancel membership manually, if you do not wish to continue.

I want to keep my watchlist and viewing activity intact incase I decide to rewatch. Wouldn't canceling the membership remove everything? Anyways, if I cancel the membership, would I still be able to view the renewed month I paid just now?

We'll keep your Viewing Activity for 10 months after your account closes, so if you decide to come back during that time, you can pick up right where you left off.

Your recommendations, ratings, and account details will also be saved for 10 months, and if you were receiving DVDs from us, we'll save your Queue for 10 months after your account closes as well.

Back