How do existing Airtel customers get the Xstream Box with the new bundle plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter codwapeace
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 963
No one has been able to upgrade their plans as of yet.
It is better to ask these questions to Airtel CC.

Upvote 0
Last checked, the Xstream box does not work standalone and requires an active DTH connection to even start. The Xstream stick used to work standalone but not available for a long time. Xstream app works on browser but does not work on android TV/firestick.

Upvote 0
Hope they dont charge that 130 ncf fees for broadband subscribers if dth is mandatory.

Upvote 0
Unless its a question of them not updating their policy, looks like an active DTH connection is needed. Need to wait and see.

29) Can I watching online / OTT App content on Airtel Xstream Box without recharging my DTH account?
No, an active DTH subscription is mandatory to continue accessing and enjoying internet supported online/OTT App content and services on Airtel Xstream Box.

Upvote 0
is DTH connection mandatory even for free OTT apps bundled with the new 999 plan ?

Upvote 0
yes. for all plans.
spoke with Airtel CC, they said 'suitable' OTT apps will by activated via Airtel Thanks app by tonight, donno if it includes
paying 1500 for Xstream box or like Prime activation which was offered when I took the connection.

Upvote 0

Back