How do I close my Airtel Broadband connection!!

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,595
I wanted to gracefully close the connection. Not to get black listed by ISP. So not paying does not fit into my ethics.
As I mentioned in that long post, finally disconnection request was accepted, when I told him have you not understood what I said. That was enough to stop their meaningless argument and he promptly initiated disconnection.
Net@airtel have also confirmed it.

So no further action was needed on my part. I have started receiving retention team calls but I don't pick them up.
I am just going to write a follow-up mail after a few days.

This is more of experience sharing hoping that this gets indexed by search engines.
Thank you all.

Well just to further add to the info. My connection was down on 29-May. I raised an SR and negotiated the engg visit on 31-May.
On that day engg never picked up my phone and no one called me and CC had no clear solution. I finally initiated disconnection as you know in this thread.

Today after 6 days shameless engg calls me and says "aapka wifi internet ka kuch problem hain na"

I know whenever I say it hurts people here and I get restricted to post here but what if everyone else says that?

Source

Listen to this guys words (he recently shifted from excitel to airtel) ground level guy. This will tell you how excitel guys have like 100x more IQ than those airtel "premium telco" guys. That's why your service is degrading day by day and you guys are getting frustrated. I know people will get butthurt after listening to this but this is the reality we have to accept. Video coming soon on this topic as well.

I am now very Happy :)that I have even removed the airtel's fiber cable from my house and thrown it in trash. It took me half an hour to carefully remove the clips and separate the fiber cable from the wall.
I now simply giggle at the discussion on society WA group like... is airtel down? I am not getting internet, anyone else facing the same issue? airtel is saying fiber cut, any idea when it will be restored?

Last edited:
Well Airtel has again showed how pathetic their processes are. It has been over a month that I returned the router and obtained a return acknowledgement slip of the same from the courier guy.

Now today I receive WA msg from Airtel that router needs to be returned and confirm your address.

I cancelled my connection back in March 2024 (no service at my new place) and they still haven't collected their router. I did get the message a few times and I did confirm the address as well. I did get a call some time later, but I wasn't in the city, after that nothing. 😅

Lol after shifting my connection they started sending whatsapp messages to collect router, my connection was paid for next few months in advance and active, still is.

Even informing their nodal team could not get it fixed.

Just utter BS.

Back