How do I setup WDS using a Teracom Router. What are the alternatives?

• Thread starter Thread starter vkam2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 3,839

vkam2000

Regular
ISP
Panaji-goa
Forum members, Hi. I have a Teracom Type-II wifi router that barely makes its way through the second floor. I have been thinking of using another adsl2+ router to bridge with my Teracom router ( teracom acting as the client on the second floor) so as to boost my signal. Firstly, is it even possible with the Teracom router ??

There are so many terms I have come across, WDS being one of them and Im not sure if the Teracom Type-II supports that. Im pretty sure DD-WRT/TOMATO/OPEN-WRT will not work on the teracom router, but anywho if there is a workaround I'd be glad.

So which router should I purchase that will help me bridge with the Teracom Router, note that I will be using the new wifi modem/router for internet connectivity and the Teracom router will act as the wifi bridge/signal booster.
OR should I purchase a new powerful ADSL2+ wifi router that will effortlessly break its way through the second floor?? Which one should it be.??

Lastly, is it necessary for both the wifi routers to support WDS in order to have a wireless bridge between them ?

Back