How do I use spare Tikona Ruckus MM2211 as a repeater on other network?

ISP
SSV Ion
I have two spare Tikona Ruckus MM2211 devices with me. I am using Ion cable broadband with Netgear DGN2200 N300 router. However the signal from my netgear does not reach far end of my house and I need a repeater to extend the signal. I thought the spare Tikona Ruckus MM2211 would prove to useful as a wifii repeater. However I am unable to get to the router configuration page once connected to my computer.I have reset the router several times and have also tried all possible LAN ip address that I could find on this and other forums.

Is there a way to configure the Ruckuss MM2211 for use on network other than Tikona? Please help.

Nope , it is remotely programmable by tikona and there is SSH/Telnet open but it is password protected so unless you know this combination you cant access the SSH and hence cant get in router page as well . BTW it has custom firmware made by tikona not default one provided by ruckus .

Guys.. you can use the device with some effort and RnD.. I had the same problem and finally i was able to use their device as AP on BSNL.. Mine was ubiquity nanostation.
here is the thing..
1. Device provided by Tikona is flashed with a custom firmware. Tikona doesn't provide access to admin page of device.
2. hard reset button on the device just erases custom setting on firmware.. and firmware goes to default settings. it is still the custom firmware..
Things you need to do.
1. Download manufacturer or openwrt firmware for your device.
2. use tftp method to change firmware of the device. read about it on net.
3. volla... you will get access to admin page and enjoy your device. :) :) :) ...

Even to access using TFTP, one needs to know the device IP.
If you have any idea about it, please share. Many noobs here. Please share the full method.(If you know it)

Back