How good is Airtel in Chennai ?

ISP
Tikona
Hi,
I'm currently using Tikona bb , But the problem is their downtime , At night I'm getting no connections at all , In-spite of reporting this they could not solve it , So I'm planning to switch to airtel , If you are using airtel please share your views.
1) Are there any downtime , If yes how frequent are they ?
2) How quick are the actions of technical team in case of issues ?
3) What is the average latency to EU servers and Chennai servers?
4) How reliable are their service at night times ?
Thanks !
Regards,
Vineeth.

People have been dissatisfied with Airtel for various reasons. But, my personal experience in the last 9 years has been good, touch wood.
1. There used to be minimal downtime. But, recently there have been issues but mainly because of metro rail work and such.
2. Customer service is quick. Issues will be fixed within a few hours or within 24 hours depending on the magnitude of the problem.
3. I haven't checked.
4. I'd say the downtime will be negligible. It has nothing to do with the time of the day.
Only downside is it's very expensive and depending on the distance of your residence from the exchange, you'll be offered only 2 or 4 mbps. The higher 8 or 16mbps connections are rare. But, you'll get the promised speed.

I agree with Balaji.
1. Downtime is almost non-existent.
2. Very quick, if there is a problem. Extremely rare to have a problem, at least for me.
3. Post the server names/IPs so that other users can check.
4. See point 1 & 2.

There are no complains with Airtel reliability of service.
But their plans are extremely expensive. Chennai users don't have that much choice because BSNL is also expensive and ACT is not yet available in all areas

Back