How good is Cherrinet? Does it work properly?

Deos Cherrinet disconnects many times?

• Total voters
Wow grt, where r u from...I live in Perungudi.
I'm in Chetpet, I still have to get the connection though, their engineer visited my premise last week and confirmed feasibility, and I've been waiting since...but right outside my house I can see Cheriinet fibre cables through out the street, I wish I waited a week before I applied for airtel :(

The site lists my area in the coverage section, but i haven't see any fibre cables or pamphlets.

Actually Airtel has many plans exceeding 50GB as FUP in Chennai, I made a post about it here Airtel Broadband or You Broadband in Chennai?

I signed up with airtel on the 8th of December, I still haven't got the connection :(, they promised it'll be connected in 3-4 days. And the worst part is after I signed up with airtel on the 8th Cherrinet started placing flyers and boards in my area, If airtel doesn't connect me in the next few days, I'll go with cherrinet.
Seems there are local offers with airtel giving up to 125GB and 16Mbps. Unfortunately they told only 8Mbps speed is available in my area. So had to go with it. For 1099 they are providing 8Mbps up to 75GB and later 512Kbps. Its been 2 days since i gave my documents. They also offered me free installation of Rs.1000 worth if i provide the last month bill copy. So i haven't paid anything so far. The customer care promised connection within 72 hours of documents collection. But i really doubt it.

Seems there are local offers with airtel giving up to 125GB and 16Mbps. Unfortunately they told only 8Mbps speed is available in my area. So had to go with it. For 1099 they are providing 8Mbps up to 75GB and later 512Kbps. Its been 2 days since i gave my documents. They also offered me free installation of Rs.1000 worth if i provide the last month bill copy. So i haven't paid anything so far. The customer care promised connection within 72 hours of documents collection. But i really doubt it.
I still haven't got the airtel connection, they said the juctionbox is full so it might take another 2-3 days :banghead:. I called up cherrinet today and they're engineer visited the premise and confirmed feasibility, I've opted to go with cherrinet for now. its been 14 days since I applied for airtel, I don't believe them anymore, I'm sure they won't give connection until new year.

For airtel they say my home is 400 meters away from the box and can't give connection. Seriously the don't have a good customer care for Broadband, none responses good. Think I've to stick with the slow internet of BSNL.

Sad to hear that, mine was different. They provided service in 1st street but not for second street where I reside. 200meters difference

I went to BSNL site to see if there are any good plans. For my surprise there was a limited period offer of 8Mbps upto 60GB and 512 Kbps after that. The plan was 1091 exclusive of tax. I called customer care asked if it is feasible for me. He said yes. But unfortunately i had to visit the customer care center (can't change plan online, silly BSNL). The plan is only available to opt within 31 Dec 2015. So went to there place and gave the plan change form. With no other go I have to stick with BSNL.

Back