How Good is Reliance(Big TV) STB

• Thread starter Thread starter nnagarajan7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,818

nnagarajan7

ISP
BSNL
I came across the following article on the net []BIG TV Latest Set Top Box Review | DTH Services regarding Big TV's STB. Have any members experienced these problems with their STB and how is the New STB?

BIG TV users' comments on this would be helpful.

------------------
We know that BIG TV’s SET TOP BOX have many problems like heating problem, hanging problem and software related problems in old model which company tested from December 2007 to August 2008 before launch and it was available for Reliance PCO offers and Reliance employee offer. They have second model which is new at the moment and hardly available to customers. But our source suggested that this new set top box will be come in market for all new customers from next month and slowly they will remove old set top box which creates many problems for BIG TV.

We have been checked the new set top box which looks far better then older set top box model and this SET TOP BOX is very small compared to older ones and took less space too. It has 9 buttons on front panel including Power, Volume, Channel, Smart Card slot, CI slot for cam and other indicators. Rear panel have 8 buttons which are USB, Component, RF Out and others. Most unique feature of this set top box is 2 new features which are Dolby SPDIF and DJ Jack which are not available in older set top box.

This SET TOP BOX have been tested in few weeks ago but as we knows Reliance BIG TV’s software is one of the worst among all Direct To Home service provider and also channel changing and going to menu is very slow and it made them worst software SET TOP BOX. New SET TOP BOX is working good so far but we knows Reliance BIG TV is now going to updates their next firmware which carry 2 new interactive services iNews and iSports. After new updates, we have to check the new SET TOP BOX and it speed.

Many people facing problems in older SET TOP BOX and their firmware, company’s technical team inform us that this new SET TOP BOX will solve problems and they are also coming with DVR and HDTV enable SET TOP BOX in next few months. So we are hoping best results from model no. 2. New customers can get new SET TOP BOX from Diwali.

do we have to report a complaint of this older STB in order to replace it with a newer one?

do we have to report a complaint of this older STB in order to replace it with a newer one?

If Reliance want to do a Nokia then they would recall all the old STBs. But the million dollar ? is will they do that.

As I understand, they have come out with the new improved STB and I wonder whether the old STBs are still in the use.

they are also coming with dvr and hdtv enable set top box in next few months.
hdtv ? This shud be interesting

They better fix the STB problems soon. Although bad STB is not the only issue that they need to fix.

I have changed it twice. they need to solve this stb issues before anything else. If their product itself has problems then for get about other issues like customer care..

Back