How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,114
Hmm it's v strange with few customers they have screwed up. Most possibly they didn't gauge the demand in your area. We must remember that though a FOC can take a lot of load (as compared to a copper wire) it's the equipment at either end which can be a bottleneck (within limits) if network is not planned properly.

So it is not solvable?

to my understanding.. it feels like they are using 1Gbps ethernet on a 100Mbps router.

BSNL FTTH in here kerala is pathethic at the peak times. I am getting only 1.5 mbps to allmost all servers in london new york and singapore. I also rememeber that this issue was there before COVID also especially from 7 pm onwards. Its really disappointing for a bigger isp like BSNL with its vast infrastructure and employee strength. Can they do basic things like buying extra transit from Tata epecially in these times and transfer routing to NIxi's for local networks.

It's solvable that's why some of us here suggested that you escalate the matter. Whether they want to do it is another matter. Of course the current situation has to be factored in too.
how should i escalate it further? pls guide sir.

they are not replying on twitter... not replying on mail... not replying on whatsapp.

Local team is totally not ready to listen or solve. what are my options?

The thing is that we cannot complain to them since local speedtest results maxes out for me. We cannot do anything about it can we? It is hard time explaining to them about the issue. They should immediately upgrade their backend ...

my isp capped the download speeds to 30mbps lol
used to get 200 mbps

View attachment 594

Now getting this

View attachment 595

and also packet loss issues are present at peak times like 30-50% packet loss
How is asianet broadband doing in these times. It was my earlier isp . How is speed to international servers . Can u please post speedtest results to fast.com. Also can u post tracerts to google,youtube sites. I am now using BSNL FTTH and suffering from slow speeds and increased latencies.

Back