How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,104
On Airtel fiber. Getting full speeds to both singtel singapore as well as local servers.

200mbps ul plan and just now checked that i an getting around 205+ down and 170+ up

Local server:

Source

Singtel:

Source

I feel bsnl is capping on international server which are not in speed-test list like 100/100 on GTT Frankfurt(300+ms) and leaseweb but for any other sites like measurementlab and testmy.net, speeds are worse(1Mbps Dl on mlab) :( : Time post 7 PM

Stop trusting speedtest ppl, ISPs optimize it for speedtest-server list please report your stats with non-speedtest reports or some relatively less known tests.

I feel bsnl is capping on international server which are not in speed-test list like 100/100 on GTT Frankfurt(300+ms) and leaseweb but for any other sites like measurementlab and testmy.net, speeds are worse(1Mbps Dl on mlab) :( : Time post 7 PM
They are not "capping", they are overloaded.

Stop trusting speedtest ppl, ISPs optimize it for speedtest-server list please report your stats with non-speedtest reports or some relatively less known tests.
Not really dude. There are 1000+ testing servers on Ookla alone, no ISP can figure out all the IPs of each and every test server. Just use multiple servers to get an accurate picture.

Downloading from some international server start with 100 Mbps and gradually falls down to 2 Mbps over 3 minute

@Dark_Nate: many other bsnl users are reporting good speed throughout the day and I had same trouble yesterday and day before yesterday(Internet works awesome for a short interval or for somehours like today and then 1Mbps DL 30+UL)

EDIT:If they are saturated why my speedtest to GTT,TELIA,Nforce,Leaseweb,OVH are constantly 100+mbps?(multiple location: GERMANY,NETHERLAND,SINGAPORE,LONDON)

Downloading from some international server start with 100 Mbps and gradually falls down to 2 Mbps over 3 minute

@Dark_Nate: many other bsnl users are reporting good speed throughout the day and I had same trouble yesterday and day before yesterday(Internet works awesome for a short interval or for somehours like today and then 1Mbps DL 30+UL)

EDIT:If they are saturated why my speedtest to GTT,TELIA,Nforce,Leaseweb,OVH are constantly 100+mbps?(multiple location: GERMANY,NETHERLAND,SINGAPORE,LONDON)
Dude, that's not capping. It's traffic shaping. Basically, your traffic is prioritised in the initial stages, then it gradually drops due to high amount of active users. But this is not the case during the early morning, which suggests it's due to lack of sufficient bandwidth on their backbone. So they are not throttling you alone, it's for everyone. I too have seen this problem.

Also, not all test servers have sufficient bandwidth either. Read this: Speedtest Frequently Asked Questions

Speedtest result during peak hours at present:

Back