How long before Jio deactivates my sim?

• Thread starter Thread starter sniper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10,352
TRAI's reason for implementing this saying its for cosumers' benefit and safeguard...is lame...rather, when requested, connection should be deactivated like they do it in postpaid.

personally, i think the grace period is great. sometimes you might end up applying for a connection to be disconnected but only realize a while later that you needed that same number for some task. especially these days when your mobile number is connected to everything from bank account to aadhaar to income tax returns and what not.

even in case of postpaid, i am going to assume that the mobile operator might be able to reactivate your connection till the time the number is recycled. they would not allocate it to anyone else. but you might be able to get it for yourself.

even when they take request successfully in postpaid, they give you 7 days...plus 15 days grace period in case you wanted your number back. so i guess 22 days are good enough of any rememberance/realization buffer.
i think they then take 90 more days or a few months atleast to put the number back in circulation.

Last edited:

Back