How many times can you change Airtel Broadband plan in a month?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 8,419
But, 24 hours of continuous downtime is insane.

I have been through an entire month when their power backup was totally fucked up. During that month I spent 90% time on Airtel. Took literally 10s of calls and 100s of mails to get their local retards to fix the power backup problem.

and then rcom wonders why they lose relevance daily.

Reliance did finally manage to force me to do something that I have managed to avoid for all of these years. I actually crimped rj45 sockets myself for the first time ever! and got them right on first attempt. took a long time though. if i had those plastic clamps, would have actually tied the network cable as well. right now it is all hanging outside the house and in my cabin... :D

Local guys do not pick up phone when the network is down. I mean it's obvious I am not the only one calling them. And pretty much every single time it's their fault. Unlike other ISPs where there are issues from the 'backend', almost every problem on Reliance is because of poorly managed local gateway.

did not ask for a refund. though reliance is known to a have a policy to issue a refund.

reliance is just too cheap to care about these things. dealing with their customer care is a massive hassle. i was just happy that the internet returned. the piece of mind that comes with fup free 3.4mbps connectivity is seriously worth the occasional hassle.

People who take Reliance need a secondary Internet connection. Its not a bad deal considering 3.4 Mbps at 1100/- without FUP. If you pay Airtel 1100/- more for secondary connection. Its still a good deal. Technically you're getting 4 Mbps for around 2200/- without any FUP.

I know a guy who keeps 2 backup connections for his Reliance Broadband. MTNL wireline and MTNL 3G Jadoo.

So Reliance is for heavy downloading & secondary connection Airtel is for uptime reliability. I wouldn't advice you to move to BSNL. Because Reliance uptime is not reliable. And if you get into any trouble on your BSNL. Occasionally you might end up without any internet That will be a big problem.

Here in Delhi, i have 99.99% uptime on Airtel. Speed and Pings are good throughout 24 hours. Never considered of getting any secondary connection.

I have an Airtel connection for backup. Was paying Rs. 1500 per month till now. Today switched from 1299 plan to 1099+99 (std+local) combo because Reliance has been quite stable for the last couple of months. Yes, last 24 hours were exceptionally bad. Hopefully the problem was fixed today. If not, I guess I would switch back to 1299 in the coming weeks!

I used to pay around 2500-2600 to Airtel/BSNL before I tried my luck with Reliance. On Airtel I had 150GB FUP where I used 120GB for the first 28 months and downloaded the rest on the last 2-3 days because of Smartbytes redirections. BSNL (175GB) was quite good to me. I only dumped it when they started their own redirection bullshit. At least with Airtel one can bypass using their Smartbytes page. BSNL I heard requires you to restart modem to get around their redirected page. Plus BSNL because quite useless during the daytime because of network congestion. Airtel is bad but not BSNL bad.

So here is the surprising factor... Reliance provides the smoothest internet experience to me (at least when it's working!). Airtel has a major issue with uploads. I use Google Drive a lot. So whenever there is an upload happening on Drive, Airtel would pretty much become useless for anything else. BSNL was also terrible but not as bad as Airtel. Reliance manage uploads fantastically. I do not even notice most of the times that there is a massive upload happening in the background.

I am not happy paying Rs. 1500 to Airtel every month. But I made the mistake of introducing my dad to the wonderful world of internet. He now spends more time on the web than me. Mostly Google Finance and MoneyControl website tracking price changes related to stocks and commodities.

Now the problem with Reliance is that it can and does go down any time. And you need to login manually (or using a script). My dad cannot handle that on his own. Largely because Reliance's login page does not open 90% of the times. And he uses a Chromebook so I cannot setup the Reliance auto login script on his machine. So I am basically forced to have Airtel for his Chromebook. It just works. Just like the Chromebook :p

Back