How much does it cost to upgrade XP-Home to Vista? Is it worth?

• Thread starter Thread starter draog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,412

draog

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Friends!, How much does it cost to upgrade XP-Home to Vista (Home?) ? Is it worth spending the money? Is it a good idea to upgrade to Vista in the first place ?

Friends!,
How much does it cost to upgrade XP-Home to Vista (Home?) ? Is it worth spending the money? Is it a good idea to upgrade to Vista in the first place ?

Why do you want to waste your money? Do you have 2 Gigs of RAM and a good graphics card? If not don't even think about it.

I would suggest you to try ubuntu. It's for Free and super cool!!! Apart from serious gaming It can let you do everything that you expect from a computer!:thumb: Download Ubuntu here http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Have a look yourself how beautiful it could look https://broadband.forum/linux/37127-my-linux-desktop/

if there is no issues in xp home you have, vista does not make any sense.

Before that, What is your current configuration you are using?Personally I would stick with XP Professional and never touch Vista !As other members recommended Linux Based softwares..you can even try them..

no use spending money for vista upgrade......if u wanna spend money then try to improve ur current xp configuration

the thing is...if you can migrate to linux, there is no better alternative.if not, xp is a decent option. vista requires pretty strong hardware. and xp users dont tend to like it much.

looks like am an exception..i like Vista better than my previous OS xp..apart from being a bit on the heavier side i find Vista to be better in most of the aspects like Looks, stability( stability has improved a lot after SP1 upgrade).

i moved from xp to ubuntu coz xp was turning into a huge mess for me to maintain. i moved to vista when it came on the laptop... i can still happily work on linux though.

Back