How secure is Sify Broadband?

someone form this forum said , "i can see someones box for my network neighborhood and i can access his stuff". But i cant see any thing .You see something?

i did see 3-4 systems online during the night time. not now.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 19 2004, 01:21 PM
i did see 3-4 systems online during the night time. not now.
[snapback]976[/snapback]
[/quote]

i thing Your ppl are not useing any firewall . that why you can see some other box.

I saw that ... I do use a firewall, but have configured it to treat the local network as safe ... the only way it(firewall) would run. BTW, I can not see my own comp in the network, but can other users?

firewall stops me entering their system. watching the systems depend upon their network settings. file and printer sharing settings exactly.

Originally posted by ujjwal@Oct 19 2004, 01:32 PM
I saw that ... I do use a firewall, but have configured it to treat the local network as safe ... the only way it(firewall) would run. BTW, I can not see my own comp in the network, but can other users?
[snapback]981[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sify broadband isn't secure, isn't fast, their support s*cks, and we don't have internet ip. ours is local ip. what should we use sify broadband .we must get rid off it. But what about 3500 bucks. Oh sh*t.

i dont care about the installation money. i just want a better alternative. the day it arrives, the day i get it.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 19 2004, 01:49 PM
i dont care about the installation money. i just want a better alternative. the day it arrives, the day i get it.
[snapback]986[/snapback]
[/quote]
For you i is not important. but for me. It just a student and it took me weeks to get the permision from my mom for this connection. money matters to me. if she know the money is not refundable i dont know what will happen.
if money does not matters to you . you go with airtel(bharti).
http://airtel-broadband.com/tariff1.htm
check it is availible in you city. this is best and cheap .unlimited of cheap rates.

i understand the money problem. :) i have seen those days. getting independent was one of the best thing to happen to me :)about airtel, i used touchtel dsl back in faridabad and absolutely loved it. i am in panchkula, and the only other option is GPRS which is as crappy as sify broadband. the main aim of this forum and the blog is to stop people from paying obscene amount of money to sify under the impression that they will be getting a broadband connection. 3500 gotta be THE MOST EXPENSIVE net connectivity for home in india.

Back