How to authenticate TP-Link ONT bypassing JioFiber Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter kbhatt
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 884
  • Views Views 102,420
I have this modem and trying to connect it to Airtel fiber. I successfully modified Airtel Dragonpath modem to work in bridge mode & even successfully connected with Huawei HG8120c with Linksys e5600 router. But The TP-Link seems better modem to use its so small.

The TP LINK modem is registering on OLT but I can't connect it in PPPoE mode. What am I missing.

@puneet87k yes, you need to clone your airtel GPON SN And password to TP-Link and check dashboard on PON authentication like you have successfully Registered (O5) then connect tplink to any router or pfsense (PC) , so you need to configure WAN connection like VLAN , PPPoE , Clone Mac Address.

So if you had done configuration, check internet is good or not.

If you don't know how to configure, so do you have TG, then you can chat my TG :- @kunalb1998

Thank you.

Last edited:
@puneet87k
i jst randomly seen this thread .....so i thought to give my suggestion to you , it might be helpful since am also using TP-Link XZ000G3 GPON
with Archer c6 v3 on openwrt and i have no issue with speed in-fact i am getting faster speed than my plan
things you should look for while using TP-Link XZ000G3 GPON
1) check you have green optic patch code( APC) since TP-Link XZ000G3 has green port. (MAJOR ISSUE ) if you have fluctuating speed .
i personally had to asked my operated to changed my connector plug to APC which was previously UPC ( jst search on google if u are confused about APC/UPC)

2) there is an update for TP-Link XZ000G3 on brazilian tplin website i have installed it works for me pretty well ( caution ) the ui language will change into brazalian there is no way to get back it into english since tplink has not pushed update in english version

3) i have problem with mac address , since last digit of my mac address register on my ips data has variation , when i am on tplink os it does have any problem for connecting , while on OPENWRT i have to manually put the exact mac digit as on my isp to get connected .
example
my router orginal mac is E0 50 C1 D4 P1 23
But on my ips connection profile its register as E0 50 C1 D4 P1 24
so when i am on OPENWRT i have to manually set it to "E0 50 C1 D4 P1 24" otherwise it won't get connected but when in tplink os its not a problem

HOPE IT HELPS

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheJutsuCaster Thanks bro for sharing the information. But I noticed that after several failed attempts, airtel might have set MAC filtering on their OLT since my Huawei modem now does not connect, I am continuously trying to achieve success though.
If we found the right way to change the OEM router/modem, we might finally achieve independence from our ISPs. I just don't like OEM routers for privacy and performance reasons. On OpenWRT we don't have to reboot the router every day to maintain good performance. With JIO using deep packet inspection and CGNAT and whatnot, airtel and others might also be doing the same to analyse and sell our data.

@puneet87k
yaa obviously isp use mac filtering .
if your ONU is getting tx nd rx signal then ....the MAC address is the culprit
ask the isp to flush off the current mac address linked with your connection, then plug your new/current router , go through the normal cofig process thats it

oem router suckss , buy a router like TP-Link Archer C7 . flash the openwrt your are good to go .

once you flash the Brazilian frimware you cant go back to english
1) the major emphasis should be given on the optic connector plug when using TP-Link XZ000G3 /use a green optic patch (APC)
for me i was not even receiving the rx signal on UPC patch (blue optic connector)

Back