[How-To]: Bridge MTNL Triband WITH Local Cable Internet

• Thread starter Thread starter tutsipoppy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 4,228

tutsipoppy

ISP
MTNL - 256UL Combo
Hi guys, i really need community's help on this one as its very important for me.Now i have MTNL Triband 590NU which allows me to download unlimited at 256kbps everynight.Now prior to MTNL i has taken internet from my local cable wala who also gave me 256kbps but his service was bad and downtime was way too much.Now although i have shifted to MTNL, all the LAN wires of my local cable internet are still intact and i can still connect through it.Now what i want to do is to use these 2 internet services(MTNL & Local Internet) together so that i get bandwidth of 512kbps.For this purpose, i have purchased and installed another LAN card.Now how should i interconnect these two services together so that i get bandwidth of 512kbps.Now my MTNL's IP address is : 192.168.1.xxWhile my Local Internet's IP address is : 172.16.1.xxCan i set the settings so that my MTNL remains the so-called primary internet service and my local internet just provides the extra bandwidth i need.I hope i was clear in my query.It will be really very helpfull if i can get some quick solutions to this.Thank You.

search for the forum. its been already answered

Can u plz provide me with the link.Mine was a little complicated issue so i didnt knew what exactly to search for.

yes.. you yourself can help.. search harder!

Actualy its quite confusing.

I had read a thread regarding wingate, but its very confusing.

So if anybody can explain me the stuff in clear cut language. That will be really helpfull.

Edit: I tried wingate, but i guess i wasnt able to do it properly. Hence it didnt work and even blocked my normal internet. I uninstalled it and got my MTNL working again.

PLZ guys, i'm dependant upon u guys a lot. Otherwise i dont know what and where to go....

Thats not easy!You will need to use wingate proxy server to achieve that

If possible, can anybody plz post the exact steps i need to follow.Im really excited about merging my two internet connections.I installed and ran wingate, but it refuses to connect to its servers hence im not able to use the 30 day trial of it.Can anybody plz help me out with this software.

Back