How to bypass Jio ISP Speed limit on windows?

• Thread starter Thread starter mdp955
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,955
ISP
vi,jio
Hi,
i am use jio 5G sim on ZTE 5G CPE.
But, get limited 100-300kbps download speed on window 10 & 11 only. upload speed is fine.. problem with lan and wifi both connection.
android mobile, android tv, Ubuntu and rpi get full 300mpbs speed. only problem with two windows pc.

5G CPE (as router, TTL 53) -> Asus GT-AX11000 - merlin (as router)
rpi and windows connected via lan.

if enable hotspot in windows and connect those hotspot in android mobile then get almost full speed..
if i run ubuntu from usb in same windows pc using try ubuntu option and check speed then get full speed.
only problem with windows os.

i think this is TTL related problem.
so, i try different iptables TTL rules in ASUS router but not working well.
but, i am sure TTL change effect on speed.
already change TTL in windows using below command but not working.
netsh int ipv4 set global defaultcurhoplimit=64

if i download any file in windows get 100-300kbps speed. and if i download same file in andoird or rpi then get more than 8mbps speed.
So, how to bypass this JIO speed limit? How ISP detect which os i use?

thank you

Hello,
Firstly, ISP don't block or limit speed on any device you use whether Windows/Linux/Android/TV Etc. They don't limit any download/upload speed for it. You are free to use it at whatever speed you get by Jio 5G Sim on ZTE 5G CPE.

Secondly, It can be your ZTE 5G CPE Issue that is not able to deliver full download speed to your PC through Lan/Wi-Fi as Wi-Fi (Motherboard one i'm supposing) is different from normal Wi-Fi (Phone). So, It can be Differ too.

Try to do this step to see if your Wi-Fi & Lan is properly setup in your PC.
Device Manager -> Network Adapter -> Lan/Wi-Fi (name will be given) -> Properties -> Advance -> Checkout whether some type of Limit is enabled or not. Check what type of Speed is setup in it like 10MBPS - 100MBPS - 1GBPS - 2.5GBPS (Lan) or 10MBPS - 100MBPS - 1GBPS (Wi-Fi if it is not 6ghz one).

If you think this is all fine?

Try to check whether your Wi-FI & LAN Drivers are upto date and working in perfect conditions or not. Try to connect your Internet through Mobile Hotspot while connecting with ZTE 5G CPE Using Phone Wi-Fi and see speed is coming or not? If it is, It can be issue with your Router. If not, Try to do below steps.

Try to change your Search Engine, Like if you are using Google Chrome to download any file? Try to do it from Microsoft Edge or Opera GX like browsers and see if it is same or not? If you get different speed in other browsers? It can be your Google Chrome settings set to Limit for Download.

Lastly, Checkout if your Connection is Metered or not. Metered Connection can be one of the reason you are not getting Full speed as expected.

If all of these doesn't work? Try to checkout some other website and see whether you are getting expected speed or not? (Try to watch Youtube Video and see your network speeed) if it is giving expected speed, It can be your PC issue too as it is not able to Download files properly and making the download stuck at 300kbps (basically, render issue can be occur)

To check your download issue? Try to download IDM (Internet Download Manager) and see if you get full speed or not. If not, It will be your Internet issue, If yes, It can be some issues with your download render done by Microsoft (Clean Re-install or Driver Updates can be one of a common reason)

You can share some particular websites where you want to see other people 'speed' on it so that you can be confirmed whether it is website issue or not.

If i copy file from RPI samba server to windows then get 120MB/s speed.
Lan speed is 1000/1000 (Mbps) showing.
i can play At 4K60fps without single buffer.

Source

if use LAN or wifi both same problem nothing difference.
I try chrome, firefox, Microsoft Edge.. same download speed. also try idm same problem.

• also connect wifi from another 5G mobile with different jio sim. same problem.
  • if use Airtel sim with ZTE 5G CPE no problem. only problem with jio..
  • Also install fresh windows 10 and 11 same problem.
  • Also try ubuntu on windows pc from usb boot iso and check speed then work fine. only problem with my two windows pc with jio sim.

Back