How to Change My BSNL PPPoE connection into Bridge? (How To make a bridge Connection)

• Thread starter Thread starter manika
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 9,654

manika

ISP
Airtel
How to Change a PPPoE connection into Bridge ?? (How To make a bridge Connection)

-------
Details
I got BSNL and have a PPPoE Connection .. I also Have Airtel and run both services on same modem using multi WAN...
As i didnt buy a modem from BSNL they never showed or gave me anything . My Modem is 440TXI Beetel (By Airtel) .

Why ?
I want to setup Bridge connection because i can't restart my modem at 2:05AM for Night Unlimited with a bat file or so with my current PPPoE connection ... In Bridge Connection i can do it Easily :iomg:

Problem Faced
I am new to network (but i managed to setup the PPPoE Connection).
I Dont know how to make a bridge connection and still i tried ...
in 192.168.... i made a new connection -- > Dataone and filled up the details correctly .. so after that what ? i guess i have to Network Connections (where i only see LAN) and create a new connection there ..
plz help :)

mention your modem model.

i am also trying to do the same.actually i am using auto-power on and shutdown and reconnect software for using night UL .auto power on starts pc from hibernation at 2am and starts the reconnect soft which then connects to the net.I keep modem on when i go to sleep.so whether should i change my connection bridged one?i also tried todo it but failed as no browser on my pc is opening 192.168.1.1 .what should i do?i am using BSNL home 500 NU.and xp sp3.

TO make a "Dialer" "BRIDGED" connection.
(You have to enter UserID and Password in a
window in computer)

The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL

@animishprime
Start RUN type cmd OK
New window
type ipconfig /all
The default Gateway IP is your modem's
Or when you are connected to Internet
check
http://checkip.dyndns.com/
say example 117.34.23.78
Retype your IP in address bar.
A window will/may open for access to modem/router.
3.or
Reset the modem to factory settings.
TRY dialer mode connection.
or
4. again type 192.168.1.1 admin admin
to access modem settings.
FEEDBACK.

y ? for u PPPoE is good enough because u can restart your modem ... but i cant .. can u plz tell me the software u r using to restart your modem

440TXI Beetel .. i mentioned it before

ok i tried 3 of them.1-i typed the word u given in cmd,but some screen comes up fast and goes off in fraction of seconds.hence i cant even read what it shows.2-i found the ip by procedure and typed it in a new tab,nothing came out.3-i dont know exact procedure to do what u hav said.so couldnt follow it.4-no luck .tried again. i tried it in IE,FF,NN

Back