How to change ownership of a Vodafone Prepaid Number?

• Thread starter Thread starter r.k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 55,108

r.k

I am customer of Vodafone pre-paid services(Chennai circle).
Recently I have got a Phone which supports Micro sim only.My current sim is regular one and cannot use it on that phone.I also wish to get a 3G version of micro sim for my existing number.This number was taken on my Friend's name and I am using it.
What is the process I hve to follow to get a new sim card in my name?
Currently I am staying in Coimbatore (ie Taminadu circle),
Can I get replacement sim here in Coimbatore for chennai circle sim card?Pls let me knpw the complete process to get a new sim card.

hmm. this is according to my understanding so it could be wrong.
to get the ownership of a mobile connection changed, you need a NOC from the original owner and verification documents from both parties.
simpler would be just getting the sim cut from the local market and activate 3G on it. i do not think you need a new sim for 3G connectivity.

chromaniac said:
to get the ownership of a mobile connection changed, you need a NOC from the original owner and verification documents from both parties.
simpler would be just getting the sim cut from the local market and activate 3G on it. i do not think you need a new sim for 3G connectivity.
i tried that, but i damaged the sim circuit, still its working fine with my Nokia, when I palce with remaing simcard portion.
Its not wrking on microsim supported phone, treid on two phones
Vodaofne sim has bigger circuit when compared to airtel sim, it got damaged :(

mmm. you would still need verification details from the original owner of the SIM card. not in touch anymore?

chromaniac said:
spoton....
make sure you know the other person well.there have been wierd cases i have seen when people sell their 786 number to other guy who misuses it and causes trouble to the original owner

mega_processor said:
spoton....
make sure you know the other person well.there have been wierd cases i have seen when people sell their 786 number to other guy who misuses it and causes trouble to the original owner
He is my frined, Since i didn't have any local address prooof, i got using my friednds
Btw, can we get replacement sim of one circle in anotehr location, eg: Chennai circle sim in banglore

r.k said:
He is my frined, Since i didn't have any local address prooof, i got using my friednds
Btw, can we get replacement sim of one circle in anotehr location, eg: Chennai circle sim in banglore
In case of porting you can port a number from one circle to another,so i guess you can replace.

Mobile Number Portability between different circles has launched? :P I seem to be losing it completely.

Back