How To Check Which Ip Ur Using

• Thread starter Thread starter pucchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,128
connect to the internet.. go to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Info, Speed Test, and more and note down your ip.. then disconnect from the internet and connect again.. and then go bac to What Is My IP Address? - IP Address Lookup, Info, Speed Test, and more if the ip address is the same then you have static ip, else you have dynamic ip

If ur a Firefox user try this add on
ShowIP

Or else just type CmyIP.com in the address bar of your regular browser

Like the guy says if it changes every time u connects its dynamic.If it never changes its static.
Since ur on MTNL,Delhi on most plans I guess its Static

well..i think in most plans its dynamic..in U/L plans its static but still am on dynamic ip.:)

i am using an static ip:cry: add. i've heard somewhere that using an static ip is not good:wall: for those who use torrent links and RS is that correct and how static ip can harm me...............

Try using any Anonymiser application (Google and ye shall find) to mask the real IP, and out out a fake one everytime you connect :)Privacy guaranteed, and u get all the benefits of a dynamic Ip:thumbsup:

@pucchi
Understand a few things -
1. A static ip offers a fixed target, a dynamic ip means every time you connect to the internet , your computer gets a new ip. This reduces the chances of your computer being attacked from outside. But if you have a good firewall in place, it might not matter all that much. Of course if the malware/ spyware is already on your computer, the kind of ip you have makes zero difference. Remember, again, that a dynamic ip active for a long period of time is not too different from a static ip.

2. Since a static ip is - static, if you use torrents, or indulge in any activity that reveals your ip to a third party (editing the wikipedia without creating an account, for e.g.), anyone devoting enough time to the job can create a profile of your online activities. Basically, it can lead to privacy issues if you are indiscriminate in your online behavior.

3. Since link-removed uses ips to enforce waiting limits, people with static ips have to wait a few hours after every download. That is why some try to use proxy servers to try to get around the same. But using an untrusted third party is not a wise idea since they can always track your activities because the traffic passes through their computer. If all you want to do is surf anonymously, try something like Anonymouse.org. But since we don't exactly live in China where Tibet is a bad word, I don't think it is that necessary, at least in present circumstances.

I have covered some common areas. If you need to be able to do something really complex, they you will have to spend time researching the same. Tor: anonymity online is a good starting point. But it too has its deficiencies. If all you are interested in, is quick rapid share access, then switch to a plan that offers a dynamic ip.

if i call at 1504 at and order them to change my ip to dynamic is this gonna work......:):yahoo::thumbsup:

If your plan comes with Static IP as standard option, that calling of 1504 will not work.U have to "Dynamize" the IP allocated at your end, by any of the methods mentioned above

i am using mtnl trib799 nigh unlimited 2mbps plan is that plan comes with static ip or if u use anonymous u guys r sure that its safe is there someone who use this application i am bit insecure.........:(

Back