How to configure this router with Airtel Fiber? Tenda AC10 AC1200

nishantt6969

I got banned!
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber (300Mbps)
Router : RPi-4B (OpenWrt), TP-Link A6 (AP)
I have purchased Tenda AC10 AC1200 Router for my airtel fiber connection, can anyone help me through the procedure of configuring it, it will be highly appreciated.

Also let me know how is this router in terms of latency over 5Ghz and Speed. On Amazon reviews page of this router, people are posting upto 900mbps over 5ghz Band.

900 mbps is not possible with this router. Max you will get is 500 to 600 mbps.

Reason : It is a 2x2 router, max theoretical speed is 867 mbps (5GHz WiFi AC with 2x2). Practical spped will be 60% of this.

For configuration, just set it to "AP Mode" and connect a lan cable from existing router to WAN port of Tenda.

Upvote 0
Yeah there is Bridge Mode and you can enable that , but in Airtel , you have to contact CC I guess as other members have told here

Upvote 0
There is no need to contact Airtel CC for bridge mode. You can directly login to your ONT and change the port (where you have connected your Tenda router) mode to bridge.
router.png

Then log in to your router and config it for PPPoE with username and password.
Username is yourFullLandlineNumber[email protected]
and password is your account number which you can find on any one of the airtel pdf documents like installation report.
Also, you will have to set the VLAN for the internet as 100.

Upvote 1
There is no need to contact Airtel CC for bridge mode. You can directly login to your ONT and change the port (where you have connected your Tenda router) mode to bridge.
router.png

and password is your account number which you can find on any one of the airtel pdf documents like installation report.
Works in Huawei Router as well? What is the difference in bridge mode and normal ethernet connection?

Upvote 0
router.png

i am getting error in authentication of pppoe
username and password

i guess password is not my account no

Any idea?

Upvote 0
@justice Password is always your account number. I have never heard it being different. You might be getting confused between landline number and account number.

Upvote 0

Back