How to configure UT-300R2U for MAC OS X (Leopard)

• Thread starter Thread starter dash2009
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,693

dash2009

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I have a bsnl braodband connection and I connect it thru UT300R2U..in Windows.It was working fine.But when I connect it to my mac it simply doesn't work.I created a PPPoE connection there,but it say no PPPoE server found.Can anyone plz let me know how do I configure it for a mac?TIA

From Google search " adsl modem mac OS settings"
Mac OSX

Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
Open Network.
Check that your location is correct, and that you have selected Built-in Ethernet (or another ethernet adapter if necessary).
Choose to configure the IP Manually.
5. Enter all numbers provided to you. Be sure that the numbers are correctly separated by the decimals.
6. When complete, press Apply at the bottom, then close this window. It may take a moment for the computer to adjust to the changes. Once complete, try connecting to a webpage or another application that requires an internet connection.

Seems same as xp Os procedure. I am not familiar with mac OS

nope..nt able to access 192.168.1.1 from mac.neithr frm wndows aftr i reset d modem :(

----------

thanx evry1... bt my modem ws in bridge mode.Hence ws nt able 2 connect thru mac.. nw it sems 2 wrk perfectly... :)

How you connected your modem ? by USB or Ethernet ?

if you connected through ethernet Click AppleMenu -> SystemPreferences

and then click the plus (+) symbol at the left down corner and select PPPOE at interface

enter details like username and password and Click connect you will be online .

----------

Good you made it :)

Is there any ethernet driver needs to be installed?

Is there any ethernet driver needs to be installed?
I'm sure there aren't any drivers required to setup in Mac. Or in any other Operating System..

Ethernet driver/s are built in Windows OS. Ethernet card drivers are to be installed( check yours Netgear realtek or some other make )( for USB port operation defualt driver in Windows does not work mostly) So we get drivers for USB mode in the Installation Cd or from company's web sites.Check company web site for drivers for MAC O.S.or in drivers.com

Back