How to Connect a DSL router with exesting ADSL one?

sagarpadaki

ISP
BSNL
friends my friend has brought a Linksys DSL router having wireless.the problem is he is not able to connect to internet using it.he has a MT 882 BSNL router and from that he has connected the Ethernet cable to lynksys and from the output ethernet port of lynksis to his computer.but its not working.wen v enter 192.168.1.1 its showing the MT882 page and not the lynksis one.where are v going wrong?can u please tell me the exact procedure how to setup it and work?i mean how to connect a DSL and a ADSL router.?

does your Linksys have a RJ11 (telephone) port?

Mention the model number of Linksy's wireless router.
In computer TCp/Ip properties check
Obtain Ip address automatically.
Check internet is working with MT 882 on "Always On "
mode.
Presume you enabled DHCP in modem.

Now connect WIFI Linksys router and type
192.168.2.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1
and check you can access settings.
Else check
Start/Network/LAN/ STATUS/ Support.
Feedback.

REF:Socrates?s experience: How to configure Linksys WRT54G wireless router

The procedure worked.But i am not able to setup the wireless connection.its not going to the lynksys router setup page.192.168.1.1 nad all other addresses mentioned previously takes me to the MT882 page.When i use my laptop to detect a wireless network it detects Linksys network and asks for a network key.but to know the network key i have to go to the linksys router page.please guide me how to setup wireless on the ADSL DSL combined router setup.i tried a few videos on youtube but no use.there are none on this topic.

What is the IP address of the Linksys Router Find it in the guide of your router and try accessing through the IP givenYou would also have got a Installation CD with the router try configuring it using that CDIf both the routers have 192.168.1.1remove the MT882 and then connect to the Linksys router and change the configure the linksys as required

Assign Ip address automatically in TCP/Ip properties
Socrates?s experience: How to configure Linksys WRT54G wireless router
OR SEE THIS:
http://ui.linksys.com/files/WRT54G/setup_wiz_2.1/001.jpg
ChaNGE jPG NUMBER 002 003 ETC UPTO 012.

The procedure worked
please be specific.

beetel110BX1 (dataone ) always on DHcp enabled =vonage==Netgear WIfi wgr614v6=== laptop in wifi mode.
can access 192.168.1.1 192.168.15.1(vonage) and 192.168.2.1 netgear all settings.
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wireless Noteboo
MN-720 #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0D-3A-6B-A8-D4
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.220.220
3. Just a trial : Instead of connecting to WAN/internet port of wrt connect to Lan1 and try. ( with existing setup)

4. First try LAN1 to computer.
Check connected to Internet.
Remove cable .
try wifi. unsecured without security key.

Back