How to connect Beam cable Broadband to a wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter jagdish_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 105,275
I think E1000 is only a router and does not have a modem connection. You will need to add a separate modem or a router with Internet Modem inbuilt for connecting to beam.

Recently i bought a D-Link wireless router for beam broadband.Its not detecting the internet connection but LAN and WIFI is ok.The DHCP is not able to detect the IP address.please help me in this regard.

Sandysegu if you are not getting the IP assigned via the dynamic setting (Auto IP) try the PPOPE mode enter your beam username / password in the router and it should connect to the net directly without going to the Beam portal.

well am a noob here but whats the use of wireless modem and how much does it cost..?!
and will it work with beam ..!?

1. A wireless router(wi-fi router) sends internet signals all over your house (and your immediate neighbourhood). The input wire for this device is the internet cable from BSNL/BEAM/Reliance etc. BASICALLY ONE CONNECTION ON MULTIPLE DEVICES. All those devices (your laptop/wifi phone/ xbox) which have a wi-fi antenna can use the said internet service. You can assign a password to the wireless router and you have to enter this password once into your laptop/wifi phone/ xbox to begin using the internet service. If your neighbour knows your password, then he can enter it into his phone/device and use your internet connection too (but signal will be little weak for him).

2. For prices of different wireless router check ebay.in wireless router | eBay. YES. it works with beam. They come home and set-up wireless for you for free. Dont pay any service charge.

Remember (almost) all laptops have an in-built wi-fi antenna.

If your PC doesn't have, you can buy one. wi-fi card | eBay

Thanks Eisen. Yes I am presently using Netgear WNR2000 wireless router and it works perfectly.
There is an option in the router basic settings to store the login details so that a login every time through the browser can be avoided by selecting "Does your Internet connection require a login as Yes". However my Beam technician asked me not to use this option - He couldnt give a proper reason except saying that it does not work properly

Hello,

I have beam cable internet connection. I am looking for a wifi router than can store username and password in itself (like a ADSL wifi router modem) . I want to store the username and password once into the device and all my home computers, Internet Radio devices can function without having to login

cha_indian I do test a lot of WiFi routers and though PPOPE is not officially supported by Beam and it will not work with most of the Wifi router, I tested it with Netgear, Belkin, Linksys etc it did not work..... but I found that it works great with this particular Asus router RT N13U B1 model I set it up for my cousin and I have set the username and password in the router and now he never sees the Beam login page and he is bee using that now for about 3 months.

I also tired it with another high end Asus router called RT N56U but that did not work, but works with RT N13U

I also did a video review of this router Asus RT N13U Wifi Router Review

thanks ranjit...I am just looking for a basic wifi router that can store beam cable username and password. I understand that the model which you reviewed is a high end model with USB HDD too. Can you suggest me a router for me ?

cha_indian as I mentioned earlier I tested this Beam connection with a lot of routers and only that Asus RT N13U worked with the PPOPE method..... on all other routers I had to use the portal login....... BTW this is not a high end router its a mid-range router I think so the street pricing is about Rs 2,850 - 2,900.

Hi Ranjit... thanks for the reply....someone suggested me Asus WL-520gu with DD-WRT firmware would work quite well... Did you happen to review this model.... it costs arount 1700 .. looking forward to your comments

Back