how to connect the cable modem to a wifi router with auto dial

• Thread starter Thread starter rforums
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 18,117

rforums

ISP
You Broadband
i want to connect the cable modem given by YOU broadband to a wifi router.
I need to use my smartphone with this. Since i need to dial everytime, i dont know how to setup.
I have a Linksys WAG54G2 wifi router. What settings i have to configure to get it to auto dial so that i can access internet from my phone.
If not with this router, is there any other wifi router that can do this?

rforums said:
i want to connect the cable modem given by YOU broadband to a wifi router.
I need to use my smartphone with this. Since i need to dial everytime, i dont know how to setup.
I have a Linksys WAG54G2 wifi router. What settings i have to configure to get it to auto dial so that i can access internet from my phone.
If not with this router, is there any other wifi router that can do this?
First of all , You Broadband does not offer Cable Modem. Cable Modem in India is only offered by 2 ISP i.e Hathway & Ortel Communication both of which uses DOCSIS. You Broadband is just another ISP who uses Ethernet to provide Internet Connection.
Option 1 :
Check the settings of the modem/ router which they have installed. Mostly it will be having a PPPoE Dialer which will be authorized by the mac address.
You will need a Router which allows Mac Address change , Replace the Stock Router and Put your New Shiny Router.
Option 2 :
Bring a Wireless Router , Put it in bridge mode and connect it to your Broadband Modem. Your devices will take DHCP from Broadband Modem.

x720 said:
YOU also uses DOCSIS in certain places :)
It is not You which is offering DOCSIS , It was IQARA who was offering DOCSIS in some parts which was later adopted by YOU as they changed name . So basically no new network bought up by YOU offers DOCSIS.

xserver said:
First of all , You Broadband does not offer Cable Modem. Cable Modem in India is only offered by 2 ISP i.e Hathway & Ortel Communication both of which uses DOCSIS. You Broadband is just another ISP who uses Ethernet to provide Internet Connection.
Option 1 :
Check the settings of the modem/ router which they have installed. Mostly it will be having a PPPoE Dialer which will be authorized by the mac address.
You will need a Router which allows Mac Address change , Replace the Stock Router and Put your New Shiny Router.
Option 2 :
Bring a Wireless Router , Put it in bridge mode and connect it to your Broadband Modem. Your devices will take DHCP from Broadband Modem.
Hi,
I have a TP-Link TL-WR740N which allows to clone the MAC address, I tried cloning it to the regsitered MAC address but couldn't establish the connection. Kindly suggest.
Thanks,
Ashwin

Back