How to disconnect my Airtel Xstream Broadband Connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ayonaya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 14,854
ISP
Airtel xstream
Could you all please explain me how to deactivate my Airtel xtreme fiber. Any help is highly appreciated.

Register a complaint via customer care and it'll be deactivated. Email [email protected]
If you want refund for the rest of your plan amount you can also initiate that, they have proper team for refunds.

I recently called 121 and went thru the IVR (now I dont remember what numbers) but you pick your relevant options and I think maybe "change plan" option I eventually got to speak to someone and I asked for disconnection (not Xstream but my old 4G data card) they asked repeatedly why I want to disconnect and why not take up new 5G plans etc I had to politely tell them not interested then they say within 7 working days you will get a link to make final payment after which your account gets deactivated.

I had bought the 3 months plan cause of free installation. After that monthly recharge (prepaid) through airtel thanks app (horrible app name). During this time faced multiple downtimes which would take hours to be fixed. One time it was down for 12 days where technician would mark my complaint as resolved. Frustrated by this I stopped doing recharge and switched to other ISP.
Now Airtel are asking for their Device back for which they had arranged a pickup from third party called Shadowfax. Today the guy came for pickup and I asked him can I record the hand over to you, He outright said no and I declined the return pickup. I don't need to record anything from my phone, there are multiple cameras that cover everything.
So do I need to return the Device and if I do when and how will I get a NOC from Airtel. Don't want future drama from Airtel. That shadowfax courier have horrible reviews. What if Airtel call and say you returned a faulty/damaged router and start demanding money.

The router is more like CPE and it's owned by the ISP. So we need to return it. What I suggest is
  • Take a photo of the back panel of the router where MAC, S/N etc is printed and keep it for your records
  • Keep your mobile camera recording on and put it in front shirt/top pocket when you return it. So it will record it as an evidence. No need to take any permission. If you have CCTV or such devices that will anyways record it, have access to the same by informing the building security/ committee etc
  • After return pick up write a mail to 121@airtel that you have returned the router and to the best of your knowledge it was in working condition.
  • You can even record that router was in working condition by recording the status of SSID on phone and recording the LED operations on router.
  • Share all possible evidence to them upfront.
Not with Airtel or any ISP so far but with some other shopping sites that are not as professional as Amazon I have been recording everything during return and send acknowledgement from my side upon pickup, and follow-up with the provider wherever possible to ensure successful return

Back