How to extend my Jio Fiber connection using my old dual band ZTE F670L router?

• Thread starter Thread starter axios
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,318
ISP
NA
Hello good people. I tried extending my Jio Fiber connection using a LAN (CAT6E) cable connected to my old dual band ZTE F670L router. Used the simple method of disabling DHCP. The internet works but I'm not getting 100 Mbps+ speed on my ZTE modem 5GHz band. It is only around 20 Mbps. I'm on 150 Mbps Jio Fiber plan.

Any help would be appreciated in fixing the speed issue.

Thanks!

Have you tried changing cables? What is the speed on the LAN 2 port of the ZTE router?

Have you tried changing cables? What is the speed on the LAN 2 port of the ZTE router?
@shashankb The LAN cables are fine because when I connect my laptop to the ZTE router with another LAN cable it gives the full 150Mbps speed. The speed issue arises only with the 5GHz wifi band of the ZTE router. My hunch is that it's some configuration issue on the ZTE router.

Test WLAN performance, connect 2 nodes with iperf one as server one as client to your ZTE router, connect iperf client to server and check b/w

Yes, that is right.

Keep one device connected with ethernet to your ZTE router.

Host your iperf3 server there: "iperf3 -s"

Connect one device using WiFi to your ZTE router (you can use android with PingTools installed, it has an iperf3 client option)

In PingTools you put in the IP of your server and observe the bandwidth.

That way you can judge how much max b/w you are getting over WIFI

If Wifi config is not the issue then you can move to diagnosing other issues

Yes, that is right.

Keep one device connected with ethernet to your ZTE router.

Host your iperf3 server there: "iperf3 -s"

Connect one device using WiFi to your ZTE router (you can use android with PingTools installed, it has an iperf3 client option)

In PingTools you put in the IP of your server and observe the bandwidth.

That way you can judge how much max b/w you are getting over WIFI

If Wifi config is not the issue then you can move to diagnosing other issues
@yashrastogi Thanks. Let me try this and report back. Another thing I noticed today was that apparently the speed on the 2GHz Wifi is topping at 50Mbps but the 5GHz one maxes out at ~20Mbps. And my Windows laptop gives an alert that the 5GHz wifi apparently "is not secure" enough.

I'm guessing Jio doesn't allow us to access their router to change/check any settings?

Back