How to hard reset Big TV - software issue in Kuwait

• Thread starter Thread starter johndoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 10,358

johndoe

ISP
Airtel
I had tried to make changes to the BIG TV frequency settings and it now waits at a screen that reads First Installation. I choose English on that screen and the next screen shows poor signal- as it had earlier and gives an option to change signal settings. However this time when I press the blue button as I used to earlier, the channel list doesnt show up. Also there are no other options except to go back to the previous Language selection screen. Only the Navigation keys and OK keys work on these screens. The settings ont he signal settings are the same as earler LNB Powering ON, FEC 3/4, Symbol 27500 and Freq 12683. I tried keeping the Red button pressed to reset and while it restarts, it takes me back to the same First Installation screen. I have the STB 2 unit. The unit was working fine earlier until this happened. Any help to reset this would be greatly appreciated. Can I force it to take an update from the satellite and give me an option to pull my channel list again? Also, I noticed a USB port behind. Is there a way I can do an update connecting it to my computer and it can get get the latest updates after I connect it back to the Antenna? Anyone have any insight on how to resolve this in Kuwait? Thanks!

Dear Customer,

Reliance BIG TV currently provides services in India, its will be difficult for us to provide you a solution regarding this issue at this time. Though if the same issue persist in India, you can call our customer care at 1800 200 9001 or write to us at [email protected], we will help you resolve it as soon as possible.

Regards
Reliance BIG TV DTH Team

This is resolved. All you need to do is press OK twice on the first language selection screen and you're good to go! All the channels will refresh. Big TV Jai Ho. :yahoo:

Back