HOw to increase download speed

So Karan, u r getting 20kilobytes per second daytime right ? Thats much better than the 8-10 Kilobytes/sec I get on the Airtel 799 plan in Mumbai. Man this sucks.

Karan you are lucky like some of us old timers with airtel.
I also get double speeds at night on my Home 999 plan.
But that is not the same case for all customers.:)
If our double speeds at night were to go away then we can't complain anywhere. Our speeds are exceptional and not ideal for the plans.
So by giving your own example you actually give a wrong impression about the plans.:)
Set the right impression mate.:thumbsup:

I get 160Kbps during the day and 340Kbps from 11 PM to 7 AM (for free) on Home 699. :P

My speeds fluctuate between 12-20kbps during the day, but no speed boosts at night. It would be nice to get as I often leave downloads on overnight.

I have the 999 plan with the extra free calls...not that I use them but my parents want that plan :P I've tried convincing them to pay more for internet but they won't since they don't use it for anything more than web browsing and e-mail. Thus, I hope that airtel increases the base speeds of it's plans sometime soon..I'm going crazy waiting days for large files to finish.

Get top up for 299 to get night download @512kbps.:)

I have the 999 plan with the extra free calls...not that I use them but my parents want that plan :P

I've tried convincing them to pay more for internet but they won't since they don't use it for anything more than web browsing and e-mail. Thus, I hope that airtel increases the base speeds of it's plans sometime soon..I'm going crazy waiting days for large files to finish.

I have the 999 plan with the extra free calls...not that I use them but my parents want that plan :P

I've tried convincing them to pay more for internet but they won't since they don't use it for anything more than web browsing and e-mail. Thus, I hope that airtel increases the base speeds of it's plans sometime soon..I'm going crazy waiting days for large files to finish.

Did u check with the CC whether u have the home 999 or unlimited 999 plan? I guess most ppl still having the old home 999 plan (discontinued now) do get double speeds at night...for the unlimited 999 plan, they have a contention ratio of 1:1..which means that its a commitment from their side to give u a dedicated speed of 256 kbps or a download speed of about 28-30 kb/s. Since ur not gettin this speed...u can always call up the CC n tell them this...depending on the plan u have...

I think Airtel is now offering 384 kbps for 999 bucks, correct me if am wrong
Yep you are wrong:). No such plan.:P

Back