how to install BB dialer in Mac OS X Leopard

Bombay Rocker

ISP
Sify
Hi friends,I recently got a macbook from usa.....and it has Mac OS X leopard in it.I installed vista in a partition & was able to get my sify BB running in it.......got the mac address of new machine registered with sify also.but when in mac os, i try to run the dialer for mac the "broadbandui.jar" file.........i get the error:"internal error occurred: not able to parse the XML"i have java 1.4.2 installed also in mac.can anyone please help me.....as the sify customer care people dont have a clue how to install the dialer in mac leopard

Hi,I have the macbook too with the leopard and this bloody sify is giving us so much trouble. I have gone to their page and downloaded the jar file for mac with the java version that it has been asking for. It still doesnt work. The satyam guys obviously have no clue. Can you tell me if you problem has now been sorted and how you did it? Please reply asap I am desperate!!!

Hi Abha,Here is the solution. ask your local cable guy of sify to give you the URL for web login & also ask them to activate the web login for your ID.simply save that URL which your cable guy gives in your browser & then u will be able to login to sify without the dialer in Mac OS X.Feel free to ask any questions.

Well ok if I take the URL from him dont I need to login with the username and password?? Do let me know please. Is the URL different for everyone? Or do u know it?

I suppose the URL will be different for each local cable distributorwhen u use this system......all u need to do is just click on that url from your brower....and it will ask u for your sify user ID and pass.......once u enter that.....u can access other sites.

i had the same prob on my hackintosh leo 10.5.4....called up sify...redirected to tech dept...told them my prob....prob solved within 2 hours....now i can use the official mac os client without any probs :P

i had the same prob on my hackintosh leo 10.5.4....called up sify...redirected to tech dept...told them my prob....prob solved within 2 hours....now i can use the official mac os client without any probs :P
u are lucky dude........whenever i tried calling sify....the call center guy had absolutely no clue what is mac os

anyways the url way was suggested by my local provider....and it works just fine......and best part is no dialer stuff to stay in memory

and now i can even access any machine......even my iPhone via this url and access my sify net :D

I'm a foreigner who moved to delhi couple days ago.
I paid huge money to have internet connection at home
Sify broadband...and now I can't access my mac....even technical people dn't understand what I mean..
Very big problem...
AS you guys advised,,,I'm contacting customer center to solve problems...
Hectic.....hope I can go back to my normal Apple life...

All advices are more than welcome!!!

----------

Help Me...I am a foreigner who moved to delhi from korea..
And Mac user...
Sify broadband doesn't have any knowledge of Mac...OS
No idea How I can connect to internet

i'm also havin issue with bb dailer can't logout and sucking up my bandwidth

Back