how to install ubuntu 7.10

• Thread starter Thread starter vissu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 8,767
so are you going to try to reinstall ubuntu? maybe re-download and/or re-write a new cd?

Umm. A question to you guys out there. I have very little RAM i.e. 256 MB DDR 400 Mhz. I want to try out Gutsy using Wubi, because I don't have space for a new partition, and I don't want to overwrite my PCLOS partition.Can I install it using Wubi? I have already downloaded the alternate text install CD. Do I have to write it, or can I install it by mounting it as virtual CD?

If you need to install the newest version of Ubuntu i.e. 7.10. Then let me tell you that Wubi doesn't provide you with gutsy. It will take some time.

NOTE:-Wubi Works only with Live Cd.

Does Upgrading make Ubuntu slower. or is it necessary to make a clean install. plz guide

plus im not sure if 256mb is enough... maybe its the bare minimum but i recall some ubuntu release/page etc saying 384 mb min

^yup. even i have read that somewhere on a ubuntu page.
but you could still give it a try.
and doesnt 7.10 live cd have wubi installation as an option?

Does Upgrading make Ubuntu slower. or is it necessary to make a clean install. plz guide

it would be better to do a clean install if it isnt much of a hassle. but upgrading wouldnt make much of a difference.

256MB is the minimum requirement for Ubuntu. Plus if you install applications and other stuffs. Then it would take a lot.I deleted a partition now Iam having an unallocated space partition. Can i use it for Installation of ubuntu. If then please guide me how to create a partition in it.

Back