How to Make a Community Website/Forum? WIll ANy one help me?

• Thread starter Thread starter notrick
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,884

notrick

ISP
BSNL
How to Make a community website or forum like IBF? Its huge and good and useful.What are the tips and tricks?I have few forums but they are not much big. Any one willing to help? Join?

you need to knowcodingdatabase building and managingdesigningspend alot of time in maintaining and administratingyou can steal the design and coding from many other site but then your site won't look or work any different then other but will save alot of timewhat is your site about first though?i am already on many forums and they consume alot of time already

^^U don't need to need any of those except time for for maintaining..to make a forum.You don't have to code even a single line. Just buy the vbulletin forum script( the one which this forum is using) and install on ur web server and its done. You can even get free forum scripts like phpbb,smf,mybb etc.Building a forum can take maximum of 1hr if u r inexperienced...BUT building it and making it big like this forum takes LOTS AND LOTS of time and effort!

Ok GuysI am good at coding. I mean C# PHP mYSQL etc.I have a purchased VB License. I also have experience in PHPBB and SMF and I have 3 domains one with each VB, PHPBB and SMF.I also have a thorough knowledge of Wordpress, gallery, and almost all opensource softwares. What I want is to build Community Forums and not interested in coding and all.Right now I have chosen entertainment as the topic. But I am not sure how that will work out.I want to make this forum grow well and rather then growing I want it to be USEFUL.

^^U don't need to need any of those except time for for maintaining..to make a forum.
You don't have to code even a single line. Just buy the vbulletin forum script( the one which this forum is using) and install on ur web server and its done. You can even get free forum scripts like phpbb,smf,mybb etc.

Building a forum can take maximum of 1hr if u r inexperienced...BUT building it and making it big like this forum takes LOTS AND LOTS of time and effort!

eyah thats what i said you can use the existing coding or if you want to your own unique one then you need to know the stuff

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Ok Guys
I am good at coding. I mean C# PHP mYSQL etc.
I have a purchased VB License. I also have experience in PHPBB and SMF and I have 3 domains one with each VB, PHPBB and SMF.
I also have a thorough knowledge of Wordpress, gallery, and almost all opensource softwares.

What I want is to build Community Forums and not interested in coding and all.

Right now I have chosen entertainment as the topic. But I am not sure how that will work out.

I want to make this forum grow well and rather then growing I want it to be USEFUL.

so you just want to make an entertainment forum and want it to be useful

there are loads of them out there

if you just wanna make and build a community just for it to be usefull then its ok but if you want it to monetize then

make a forum about something you are interested in or something unique

How to make it popular though. I work on it a lot and things are quiet unique over there

How to make it popular though. I work on it a lot and things are quiet unique over there

so you are wanting it for monetizing purposes

then you need to create on your own and not worry about Vbulletin,etc.you can make money on this too but it won't seem as a full fledged thing

work on it,make something that people need a forum for and isn't out there and unique

Use adwords and advertise it...the easiest way to get traffic!

you can get traffic by various ways but it takes alot of money plus most people don't stay at the site very long

Back