How To Make Bsnl Broadband Wireless

• Thread starter Thread starter sumox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,814

sumox

ISP
SATYAM
Dear Reader, I Am Having Bsnl Broadband Internet Connection - Home Plan 250. As It Is Home Plan250, It Is Situated At My Home. My Father Is Doing Business, Which Needs Internet Connection For 2 Computers. Business Place Is Seperate And Having 2 Computers. What I Want To Do Is I Want To Attach Some WirelessDevice To My House Internet Connection Which Can ExtendWireless Internet Connection To My Business Place Which Is Exactly 0.6 Km From Home. I May Use Either Router Or OtherWireless Access Point At Business Place To Catch WirelessInternet . The Main Wireless Device/router At Business Place Is Connected To Two Desktop Computers Wired/wirelessly & Offering Internet Connection. Please Suggest Economical Wireless Solution, As We're Not Going To Take Business Plans Of Bsnl Broadband. Pls. Also List No./models Of Devices & Which Brand To Buy

well most of the home routers support a maximum of 400m i.e.0.4km theoritically.. and practically a little lesser. and even if you get a good enterprise router with a 0.6km length you will not get a good connection... and also considering trees,walls,buildings in between etc etc.. the only way is using repeaters in between or laying a cable

@sumox Welcome to Broadbandforum.inYou may get different comments/advice, but free to ignore/reject any.Option 1 > ask for a telephone extension for telephone number having BB.Option 2 : Since Home 250 only 1 GB allowed per month , three computers if they share can use only about 10MB U/L/D/L per day , and over in 15 minutes of surfiing. You will end up paying at Rs 1/= per excess MB used ! ( bill can be any amount !)and you cannot surf , as you like during your school /college vacation !Option 3 :Better to have a Business connection in your Dad's office. Nature of business if it involves , heavy use of the internet . Min plan 4 or 5 GB.Option 4 : Crude Test :See whether you can establish a contact from your dad's office with a cordless phone ( not cellphone !) to your house . ( From inside the Building and outside in the road ). The power output of low cost WIFI routers is approx 50% of a normal cordless phone/s. Give Feedback ====>>> for other details.

I think its gonna be a costly procedure if u r planning to set something which is .6km from ur place..why not get another connection wid the same plan??

well most of the home routers support a maximum of 400m i.e.0.4km theoritically.. and practically a little lesser.
wow....400 m...i thought its around 40-60m.
please clarify...
If its indeed around 400m then i gonna buy one soon.

Wireless / Networking, Wi-Fi Home Networking - FAQs general rule of thumb in home networking says that 802.11b and 802.11g WAPs and routers support a range of up to 150 feet (46 m) indoors and 300 feet (92 m) outdoors.

Another rule of thumb holds that the effective range of 802.11a is approximately one-third that of 802.11b/g.
etc

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

10 tips for improving your wireless network
Extend the range and the strength of your wireless network

D-Link DSL-G604T ADSL Wireless Router / Modem : Mr.Gadget Australia
according to this, the D-Link dslg604t supports 400m outdoor.. some wifi routers do support 400m.. but there again.. its pure theory.. practically there are so many other disturbances.. what you could do is try borrowing somebody else's wifi router and place it in your house and take your laptop to your office and see if you get a good signal and make sure your connection doesnt drop often

Back