How to Move/Sort channels using SUN Direct Remote

• Thread starter Thread starter eazy777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 27,685

eazy777

ISP
Reliance
Please post user manual or how to move / sort the channels according to the usage

press blue button in remote to sort channels in alphabet order......

Newer version of the STbs have a MOVE button on their remotes. You can move / sort using this.You have to wait for software upgrade for old STBs.Source: CC

I dont know how many models of STB or software versions are around in Sun, but this works for me....
[*]Press List button
[*]pressing red button (above ch+) will move the highlight of icons at the bottom of list. press it until 'move' is highlighted.
[*]using the navigation key, move up/down the list to locate the channel you want to move is highlighted
[*]press 'ok' to select the channel for moving
[*]use up/down navigation keys
[*]once you found the position where you want the channel to be moved, press 'ok' again
[*]you can do this for as many you want to move.
[*]pressing 'exit' will save, you will see 'please wait' prompt.
[/list]now, channel navigation using navigation keys will be as per newly ordered list. there are other functions you can do on the list menu, rename, delete, lock, add to favorites.

adding to favorites is another way of grouping your channels. you can have upto 8 favorite lists (not channels) or categories if you wish to call so. I have a favorite list for all tamil channels, english channels etc.

HTH

I dont know how many models of STB or software versions are around in Sun, but this works for me....

[*]Press List button
[*]pressing red button (above ch+) will move the highlight of icons at the bottom of list. press it until 'move' is highlighted.
[*]using the navigation key, move up/down the list to locate the channel you want to move is highlighted
[*]once you found the position where you want the channel to be moved, press 'ok' again
[/list]now, channel navigation using navigation keys will be as per newly ordered list. there are other functions you can do on the list menu, rename, delete, lock, add to favorites.

adding to favorites is another way of grouping your channels. you can have upto 8 favorite lists (not channels) or categories if you wish to call so. I have a favorite list for all tamil channels, english channels etc.

HTH

Hi Can you tel me how to set favorite channels. I tried to do it and ended up with some mesh up. I too want to have all tamil channels as one list and telugu channels as one list.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Can you tel me how to set favorite channels. I tried to do it and ended up with some mesh up. I too want to have all tamil channels as one list and telugu channels as one list.
Thanks in advance.
press list and then press red button until favorite is displayed in bottom of list box...then select favorite 1 or 2......then press ok

press list and then press red button until favorite is displayed in bottom of list box...then select favorite 1 or 2......then press ok
I have done it that way and stored some channels in my favorites. But how do I recall favorites. I mean how do you go to let us say favorite 4.:wall:

[*]Press List button

HTH
Well I do not have "move" in the options.:confused:

I have done it that way and stored some channels in my favorites. But how do I recall favorites. I mean how do you go to let us say favorite 4.:wall:

Well I do not have "move" in the options.:confused:

press yellow button in remote........small window will appear in that some categories are avilable ALL,Insat 4B,

Press right arrow button i.e normally vollume + in all other remotes.......... now u wil see favorites.........

u can any number of channels in favorite.......

Back