How to put Excitel provided OptiLink ONT Router in bridge mode?

• Thread starter Thread starter jakstat77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 18,280
ISP
Excitel
How to put Excitel provided Rs2000 ONT Router (OptiLink) in bridge mode. I want to make TPLink Archer A6 as my main router. Here is the model and firmware if anyone knows..how to do it.. plz help..

Also can it be done without the help of LCO?
Device modelOP-XONT71110AC
Hardware VersionV4.1
Firmware VersionV2.0.06-200831L

Yes i got the same ..
Easily provides 300+ mbps and no major heating issues with it . Though it is also just a rebranded generic one but it's surely better than what excitel earlier provided for ₹750 ( as what my lco guy told me the reason of 750 to ₹1000 jump).
A company Technxt ( Jalandhar ) imports it to India from China .
This device should do the job, when you want to use your own WiFi Router.

Upvote 0
Change LAN Subnet of Archer to 192.168.10.1.

Then set secondary connection to 192.168.1.2 (assuming ont is 192.168.1.1)

I don't see the need for DHCP on ONT though (as static IP is used for secondary connection).
tried all this... didn't work.. leaving everything as it is for now..

Upvote 0
Is there a way to login into ONT device ? (1000rs Optilink one provided by Excitel. I have gone through othe posts in this thread but couldnt find any success case)

behind the ont box it says ip as 192.168.10.1 with username and password but unable to login !!

I did perform reset mac address on excitel portal and connected lan directly from ont to laptop and tried to access 192.168.10.1 but it doesnt work ! (I also performed a reset on ONT but still it doesnt work, internet works though via pppoe dial up, Fiber > ONT > RNo router).

Another question is, Did I disturb anything w.r.t the default settings of ONT by resetting it ? (Or just thinking too much)

Upvote 0
Finally got my Excitel 2k ONU+Router combo replaced with Rs 1000 ONU only... LCO replaced the unit within 2-3 days of opening ticket.. although on call he said it might take 1 month or more...Don't know which brand ONU it is... there is no mention of it anywhere... yes it is gigabit capable... I am using 2 Archer A6 one as router and one in AP mode....

485b20ea-3286-4894-a989-8bf1bc1e0f6e.jpg
Hi, how did you manage to get this ONU?, 4 days back i asked my LCO to give me non wifi ONU as i want to use my own ARCHER A6 router, but he said that excitel doesn't provide non wifi onu now.

How can i get this ONU?

Also, I'm planning on creating the same setup that you have , i.e purchasing one more Archer A6 to use in AP mode. How is your experience with you setup? Are you able to get the full speeds of your plan on both A6s?.

I have a 300Mbps plan and rn I've connected the 2k ONU+Router( Excitel one) to TP-Link Archer A6 via the lan port, and i use A6 as my main router, I'm currently able to get full 300mbps speed some times even more.

Should i leave the setup as it is and just add another A6, because price difference is just 1000rs i mean is it worth the hassle?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I’m probably gonna sound dumb but since it’s not possible to bridge the 2k WiFi ONU, can’t I just turn the 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi off on the ONU, hook up my own router using an Ethernet cable in a LAN-LAN connection with DHCP turned off on it and use it as my primary router? I tried something similar and I don’t really see any noticeable latency or loss of bandwidth. Is there a drawback to this compared to the bridge mode? What am I missing? Educate me guys.

Upvote 0
that is running your own router in access point mode. it works fine. the only issue is that you do not get to use the features provided by your router like qos and stuff.

Upvote 1
I don’t know if anyone else faces this issue but the ONU just straightup reboots if I try downloading/uploading stuff @100Mbps on 5Ghz WiFi. I have to be on LAN most of the time. Add to this the Excitel.com SSID that you just can’t turn off so you have to live with whitelisting. SMH

Upvote 0

Back