• Thread starter Thread starter karthik.a
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,518

karthik.a

பச்சைத் தம
ISP
Airtel 1499UL and 555 Combo
Friends,Please advise me , how to remove the invalid shortcuts from my system.Long back, I used some files and then deleted it.But now, when I am searching for those files in the search tab,It displays a list of files , which I deleted long back.When I click on the file, in the search results and delete, it says "Shortcut not available".when I rt.click on it and select to open the file location, it goes C : / Users / Karthik / App data ..... and the File is not there in the partcular folder.But I dont know , I displayed in the search results.Steps I did,Deleted cookies, temp files etcTried searching for the file enabling " show hidden files ", but not there..Tried QuickClean with McAfee to remove junk files.Tried Registry Mechnaic, and few other s/w like cuper,ophan remover etc.....Nothing Helped...:hysterical:Please help, from where does my system is showing those files in the " Search Results " screen:huh:

hmm you are on vista. it might be showing the removed files from the indexed cache. i disabled the indexing coz it becomes painful to use.