How to return MTNL ADSL modem

• Thread starter Thread starter skorpio1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 15,475
My friend got a PCI slot internal ADSL Modem(not 56kmodem) for 400 odd bucks from Lamington Rd with a years warranty,but thats not what i need.
I also dont wanna get a wifi router from MTNL

I just wanna return my UTStar 300, and go out and buy myself a wifi router so i dont end up paying rentals

wifi routers wud cost > 3000Rs. even my friend wanted to buy one. i told him, if u get on rent it wud be 300Rs deposit and 100Rent meant 27months of full warranty.(ignoring interest which otherwise wud mean 4000Rs plus)also new wifi standards keep coming up. so within 3yrs u might again have to buy new wifi router when u buy new laptop/pc because ur new laptop/pc might not be supporting old standards. if its MTNL router it wud be their responsibility give u new one.

Bhai Amish,Your economic logic makes perfect sense.Infact it will be more expensive than the 80 bucks I spend on my MTNL Modem rental currentlyBut my Dil Mange More !!Dil Mange Wifi Router...............afterall Tech advances made me save up and buy a wifi enabled Laptop,to stay ahead of the times.But the damn wifi Laptop aint much use if i have to have a LAN cable hanging outta its ass everywhere I go at home. :( If only the folks at MTNL would take back my router or direct me in the right direction,without having to take a MTNL wifi router, coz ppl here will testify that MTNL supplied Normal or WiFi routers aren't the best in the Marketand when something goes wrong, the headaches with getting one replaced, repaired or returned !!!

Hey Wifi modem rent are now being slashed to 100 bucks, so why not get it..and in Delhi its 75 Rs..And like someone said u can always get ur router replaced if there is some problem with it.So Rent it from MTNL...

^
coz ppl here will testify that MTNL supplied Normal or WiFi routers aren't the best in the Market
and when something goes wrong, the headaches with getting one replaced, repaired or returned !!!

Everyone wants me to keep the UTSTAR300 R2U, or else get a wifi router in exchange which is not in stock at my exchange...........and they will probably never get it soon enough

I give up

i too returned my MTNL adsl modem and bought my own router D-Link GLB 502T.... it hardly took a day!!!! 80 Rs are atleat waived off from the bill

@skorpio1 A very good information given by you. Can be a standby modem in Desktops!!Usual external modem of same Akeeo make available for around Rs1200/= Anybody who has purchased it , please post the device status page for Board Id and FW version. ( probably beetel / or utstar)

@amish. No. If Board ID and FW are known ,I think ,you will find a way for use with linux.
seems manufactured in Bangalore.
Fully Compliant to ADSL/ADSL2 standards
* Software upgradeable to new/future ADSL standards.
* Detailed diagnostic support with user-friendly interface

Interface Support

* Driver compliant to Windows Vista/XP/2000.
* Supports plug-and-play installation.
For future reference ;
Akeeo ADSL PCI Modem

Back