How to sideload apps on Reliance Jio Fiber Android set-top box?

• Thread starter Thread starter Evilbrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 278
  • Views Views 137,128

Evilbrain

ISP
Airtel
Got my STB today, tried to install jio tv apk but it seems like the box is locked or whatever i am not able to enable the "unknown sources" thing in the settings.

@

Be Glad your the lucky person as of today morning Jio Forced Pushed some update on my device, Launcher was Blank nothing loading, connected the keyboard and was able to switch applications and use them but no access to home, using remote i was able to open livetv. jio cinema and my jio apps only,

When pressed Home, it got stuck to Blank Black Screen (so be safe just incase if this happens to you do not try to reset button in the bottom)

Finally i deciced to use the reset button and it formatted everything and now everything is gone.

Upvote 0
If you still have access to the box install kodi and then add the Netflix and Prime video add on
Its Been Few Days Now Amazon Prime is offically available now In JioStores :) Have Fun

Upvote 0
Hello guys,
I read on xda that there is a telegram group where people are working to sideload apps, I would like to join but how can I join?

I have the jio tv box (black) and I am experiencing some audio issues with it so if in case I get them to replace it what apps should I install on the new one before connecting it to internet?
And will I be able to install apps on the new device and how?

Upvote 0
Can someone figure out a way on how to brick the device?

Lately, we think that after the latest update, it's impossible to brick the device during the factory-reset method.

Upvote 0
Can someone figure out a way on how to brick the device?

Lately, we think that after the latest update, it's impossible to brick the device during the factory-reset method.
It doesn't work anymore? Have you tried it?
I was going to follow your method.

Upvote 0
Couple of days back the STB received an update and now the entire Settings section looks different (more polished UI). Still no App Installer though as far as I can see. :(

Upvote 0

Back