How to stream CCTV RTSP feed to DLNA to view on TV media player app?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 733

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Tata Play 1 gbps, Jio AirFiber 100 mbps. Prior Microscan 500 mbps, PDPL 300 mbps and BSNL 300 mbps.
I have a few TP-Link TAPO CCTV wifi cameras like the C210 and C320WS which I mistakenly thought could only be viewed with the TAPO phone app.

Came across some webpages/articles (including FAQs on tplink website itself) that mention you can open the video feeds in apps like VLC with URL
Code:
rtsp://username:password@ip:554/stream1
for the high-def video feed and this works well on PC and TV if I save the camera feed links in a playlist on a USB attached to the TV so that VLC can open the playlist. Haven't tried looking for other apps.

My question is - I have a NUC with linux - can I use some tool (like VLC command line, FFMPEG or RCLONE etc) to directly stream/transcode the RTSP feed and serve as DLNA so that the built-in TV media player can view it directly?

So far from what I can see online, you first capture the RTSP feed to a file (using VLC or FFMPEG) then use another tool (I use RCLONE.org) to serve as DLNA stream which the TVs can view...

Any ideas if this is possible and how?

ffmpeg + some dlna server should do it (theoretically). I have never tried it.

Back