How to use BSNL Electroline ONT as wifi extender for Airtel xstream ZTE router ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Durai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,213
ISP
Airtel
Check out the rear of Electroline ONT
Check out the rear of ZTE Router

Here are the steps that I tried so far
- I did a hard reset of Old router which is Electroline ONT
- Inserted one side of Ethernet cable ( RJ45 Port) into one of the Ethernet ports in New Working Router which is ZTE
- Inserted the other side of the cable into one of the Ethernet ports in Old router
- I took another ethernet cable and inserted into the old router ethernet port
- and the other end into laptop ethernet port
- Opened the browser and logged into the old router ( 192.168.1.1 - admin/stdONU101 )
- Disabled the DHCP Server
- Changed the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to a new unassigned ip 192.168.1.253
- Opened the 192.168.1.253 in browser but it's not opening.

I wonder why it's not opening ?

- If it opens then I will be able to go into wireless setting and change the Wireless name(SSID) manually to the new router's name.
- then I will configure wireless password security ( WPA2 ) and make sure the password is same as new router.

then this should be it and my ZTE router is now a wifi repeater.

Can anyone help me understand why 192.168.1.253 is not opening in the browser ? or if anyone has done it before let me know the steps.

Thanks

Several things are wrong in this setup

Assuming zte router is on 192.168.1.1 ip( if yes, then old router should not be on 192.168.1.253).
Reset the old router- login- change the ip to 192.168.2.1
Login again on the old router and set the wifi security and ssid as you desire.
Before disabling DHCP server on old router make sure Port1 port2 and wifi are bind together then disable DHCP server.
Connect old router with zte.
Also you cannot access old router after disabling dhcp.
To access the admin page old router, you have to set manual ip on your pc/phone on 192.168.2.1 subnet.

Back